PDA

View Full Version : glasses for your goggles

sunco
09-25-2007, 05:25 AM
Who makes them? When I 'm wide open its nice to be able to see whats ahead. My glasses move around when there plastered on my face bumpin & flyin on my R

250r rider 88
09-25-2007, 07:29 AM
I only know of two options in this case,

1.) There is a prescription goggle company looks in the back of a dirtwheels for their add

2.) Scott makes an OTG (over the glasses) goggle that is designed to help keep your glasses in place

and if neither of those 2 work for ya you oculd always get contacts for when you riding

hope this helps

250r rider 88
09-25-2007, 07:31 AM
heres the company's website for ya

www.888rxgoggles.com

CannondaleRider
09-25-2007, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by 250r rider 88

and if neither of those 2 work for ya you oculd always get contacts for when you riding

My sister had to wear contacts for a couple years, drove her completely nuts when riding or racing. They move around a lot, and even with good goggles, get some dirt under them.... It was her main reason for being inconsistent. She couldn't see.

She now has lasik done....with the top reason being the RACING ALONE!

09-25-2007, 12:59 PM
i never...never have my contacts move on me unless i am rubbing my eyes for being tired...even when i wear my glasses, the don't move around on me either...

elmer91
09-25-2007, 01:07 PM
i know that Scott makes a pair, so does Progrip. i have found other pairs, but i do not remember who makes them. i am in the same situation, i cant see when i ride. i have tried on the progrip one, they work, but the need to be deeper. it shoves the nose piece up and it hurts. so if you find one that works really good, tell me.

TRX450RACER174
09-25-2007, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by 250r rider 88
heres the company's website for ya

www.888rxgoggles.com

If you have to wear glasses i would highly reccomend these from the site 250r rider posted, I wear them they fit great the only draw back is he only makes them to fit a handfull of goggles, I got into a crash and was wearing regular script glasses and landed on my shoulder and cheek area of my helmet, needless to say the glasses cut my cheek and was lucky the did not break or poke me in the eye, like i said these are worth every penny and will not ever ride with glasses under my goggles ever again.

sunco
09-26-2007, 05:01 AM
all good stuff men. Rider 88 I'll do the website for the goggles. your #2 suggestion I already have. At one time I wondered what those two black dots on my goggles were, but soon realized it was the edge of my frames rubbing. I've done contacts before & there not for me. The only negative I see w/ the prescrips are that when you take them off - you can't see , so I guess when you ride you always should keep your glasses close.:eek2:

sunco
09-26-2007, 05:05 AM
Anybody using the adapters? or do you just have them in the one pair of goggles?

Not sure what is the best for me.

Eviltanker
09-26-2007, 06:46 AM
http://www.rangerjoes.com/wileyx-goggles-nerve-p-3097.html?manufacturers_id=34

CannondaleRider
09-26-2007, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by speedyquad
i never...never have my contacts move on me unless i am rubbing my eyes for being tired...even when i wear my glasses, the don't move around on me either...

Maybe my sister just had retarded contacts then, lol.

TRX450RACER174
09-26-2007, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by sunco
Anybody using the adapters? or do you just have them in the one pair of goggles?

Not sure what is the best for me.

I have the carriers for oakley goggles, so i switch between my different pairs of goggles depending on conditions, the one nice thing about the 888rxgoggles carriers is if you want to switch goggle manufactures you tell him what you want to wear and he will switch the carrier for you free of charge, look at his site and he has a list of manufactures he makes his carrier for.