PDA

View Full Version : High Point NC?

D400ex909
11-01-2002, 04:22 PM
Do any of you know of riding areas somewhat by High Point North Carolina? we are takin a trip there and we are pullin are quads with us. We will be leavin from the Chicago-area, sometime in july, and if you know of any places on the way, or near high point, let me know. Thanks a bunch, lata

Zuki
11-01-2002, 06:06 PM
I've heard a couple places. I'm thinking one is called Brown's Mountain or Brown Mountain. Not 100% sure tho. I'll try and remember where i found that and look again. I'm thinking it was www.atvnation.com forums under the section East Coast Riding. Try that. Most of the Nation ppl are from the south and southeast regions. Look in there.

EvilJester400EX
11-01-2002, 09:40 PM
www.atvnc.com check that spot out, gives good info on places in NC

D400ex909
11-02-2002, 09:31 AM
Thanks a ton, your replies helped out a lot, lata

luvmyex
11-02-2002, 07:49 PM
you may try www.atvtime.com too
THere are several places to ride with a hr or so of H.P. most arent legal but a few are.Uwharrie isnt to bad just lots of rocks,but i think it beats brn mtn.That place is really rough.When are you comming down?I live right next to there in Greensboro.

D400ex909
11-02-2002, 08:13 PM
I'm honestly not to sure when were comin down or where we're goin yet, sometime in july though. I'm 14 and i ride a 400ex, my bro is 13, he rides a YZ80/Warrior, my mom rides a magnum 425 4x4, and my dad rides the Warrior 2, so we rn't lookin for a really rough area, i read about a place in tennessee we might try, supposbly about 76,000 acres, and great for sport quads and 4x4's. We might try there, not sure though, i'll let ya know more when i find out

luvmyex
11-02-2002, 08:16 PM
that place is Windrock.And it real nice.Another pace you may think about is W.VA.better than Tenn. i think.

Myke
11-17-2002, 03:42 PM
What county is h.p. in?

There's a place to ride about 10 minutes from Western Carolina University

iceman2488x
11-24-2002, 09:36 AM
i live around 45 minutes north of high point, in germanton and if you are planning on going riding in july, by then we should have our trails fixed....right now we have our 200 acres, a 250 acre junkyard, and about 1000 around to ride on. but when we get our trails done we will be able to get to payne rd pretty easy, now we can get to it but it is dangerous to get to it now because of having to go on the road to get to it and we could get caught by the po-lice....so we are trying to get some trails fixed, and in the 7 months till you would be riding we will get them fixed and payne rd is the best place i have ever rode at!!! it is a road which is in the middle of nowhere surrounded by tons of trails, p.m me for some more info

JDsBusa
11-24-2002, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by iceman2488x
i live around 45 minutes north of high point, in germanton and if you are planning on going riding in july, by then we should have our trails fixed....right now we have our 200 acres, a 250 acre junkyard, and about 1000 around to ride on. but when we get our trails done we will be able to get to payne rd pretty easy, now we can get to it but it is dangerous to get to it now because of having to go on the road to get to it and we could get caught by the po-lice....so we are trying to get some trails fixed, and in the 7 months till you would be riding we will get them fixed and payne rd is the best place i have ever rode at!!! it is a road which is in the middle of nowhere surrounded by tons of trails, p.m me for some more info

I am from East Bend, and am just getting back into wheelin. I know where payne road is, and would like to ride some of the trails around there. Do you know of any other places close by? We used to go to 311, but our stuff got towed cost us 1500.00 to get our trucks back. They werent even illegally parked. Just some guy wanted to be a *********. Let me know and we can try to get up and ride.