PDA

View Full Version : Flex bars..

Caseys 300ex
09-24-2007, 07:28 PM
I have a rm250 that about rips your hands off when you ride it. I was wondering if flex bars went good on a dirtbike and would take the shock and pain out of your wrists?

Colby@C&DRacing
09-25-2007, 08:40 AM
the flexbars will get rid of alot of vibration.

Flynbryan19
09-25-2007, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Caseys 300ex
I have a rm250 that about rips your hands off when you ride it. I was wondering if flex bars went good on a dirtbike and would take the shock and pain out of your wrists?

A good suspension service and maybe a revalve would go a LOOOONG way too.

Caseys 300ex
09-25-2007, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Flynbryan19
A good suspension service and maybe a revalve would go a LOOOONG way too.

Its because the engine is so powerful that it wants to throw you off. Has nothing to do with the suspension and the valves wouldnt cause it.

Flynbryan19
09-25-2007, 01:44 PM
Its because the engine is so powerful that it wants to throw you off. Has nothing to do with the suspension and the valves wouldnt cause it.

Your not making sense......

Your trying to say your wrists hurt from trying to hold on because the power is so explosive?

Caseys 300ex
09-25-2007, 02:00 PM
thats exactly what im saying. Im trying to see if flex bars would kinda damper the shock. Ridged handle bars hurt but ones that flex would help to move back a little to make it not hurt as bad.

scottsworld
09-25-2007, 03:24 PM
this is the craziest thing i have ever heard but no the bars are designed to work the other direction like taking the impact out of your hands and wrists from land off jumps or ridding rough terrain

quad2xtreme
09-25-2007, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by scottsworld
this is the craziest thing i have ever heard but no the bars are designed to work the other direction like taking the impact out of your hands and wrists from land off jumps or ridding rough terrain

I agree. You need an anti-vibe type mount for your regular bars.

You either have the fastest 250 on the planet or you must have really weak hand and wrist strength. I recommend going to Dick's Sporting Goods and picking up some equipment for working your wrists.

/Jon

tank69
09-25-2007, 04:06 PM
Easy fix would be to get ride of the 250 and get a 125 or even an 80. Handlebars aren't going to help you not being able to handle a bike that is obviously overpowered for your skills.

Caseys 300ex
09-25-2007, 07:22 PM
haha Alright guys let me start over. The 250 has alot of torque. When you get on it pretty good it pulls your body back and the vibrations kinda make your wrists sore after awhile. I was just wonder if flex bars would kinda help take the vibrations out and make the give in a little bit when you pull back on it. Im not a puss at all its just that after riding for a while it just makes the wrists sore..

09-25-2007, 08:26 PM
lol no comment on this one

JCoop
09-26-2007, 09:11 AM
Flexx Bars are not supposed to have any upward motion to the bars. Only downward motion. As far as vibration goes they will help tone it down a little but pulling you back they will not move up to ease the pain. Sorry man.

Flynbryan19
09-26-2007, 11:02 AM
Rubber mounted bar clamps will help the vibration. As others have said, your out of luck for the other part.

bradley300
09-26-2007, 12:11 PM
haha Alright guys let me start over. The 250 has alot of torque. When you get on it pretty good it pulls your body back and the vibrations kinda make your wrists sore after awhile. I was just wonder if flex bars would kinda help take the vibrations out and make the give in a little bit when you pull back on it. Im not a puss at all its just that after riding for a while it just makes the wrists sore..

they will help with the vibration, but they are designed to move up and down, so they will not have any give when they are pulled back

tank69
09-26-2007, 01:12 PM

Not calling you a puss, but what you are describing is lack of physical strength. I'm not calling you a weakling either, but I have a 13 year old that expresses the same symptoms you are describing. I've been riding since the age of 5 and believe me, I'm not in the best of shape either. It just sounds to me you need more riding time and some upper body conditioning. Now, you may be "ripped", but there are two kinds of being in shape, physical shape and "riding" shape.

Just an example, my best friend and I can ride rings around the guy who is in 10 times better "physical" shape than us. He can hike Camelback Mountain three times to our one. When it comes to riding, we kill him and tire him out on our 40 mile practice loop. He weighs 180, I go 280, he's got next to nothing body fat, I have "I can't believe it's not butter" body fat. :D He's just in a different form of physical shape than I am.

For what it's worth, after 60 or so miles, I start to get that "hanging on for dear life" feeling. I don't have flex bars, I just need to condition my upper body some more, work on the cardio and put in more saddle time. Oh yeah, I'm 38, so don't think you young guys have it any easier! ;)

Tank

bradley300
09-26-2007, 01:56 PM
i would also venture to geuss you havent had this bike long, and its a step up from what you are used to, it will just take time

250rmike
09-26-2007, 02:22 PM
for vibrations theres an old trick to fill your bars with silicone(keep it clean here guys) it will reduce some of the vibrations. you could also try different grips i know oury has some good thick rubbery grips that will reduce vibrations that transfer to your hands also try to find some antivibe clamps im not sure if they make any for dirtbike or not. those are about the only things you can do until you get used to haveing more vibration coming from the bike. i have the same problem when i moved from my blaster to my 250r years ago but you will get used to it

10-17-2007, 08:13 AM
I saw a post on here (can't find it now), where a guy used a longer bolt in his flexx bars and added an elastomer on the outside. which, in turn, allowed the bars to flex upward also.

has anyone else tried this?

CannondaleRider
10-17-2007, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by force
I saw a post on here (can't find it now), where a guy used a longer bolt in his flexx bars and added an elastomer on the outside. which, in turn, allowed the bars to flex upward also.

has anyone else tried this?

I really don't see that it would be beneficial..... The vibration factor is taken out by the Flexx bars, due to their design. The impacts are dampened by the downward motion of the bars. I can't think of a situation where an upward motion would help.

I think you would just be adding a movement that would feel akward, and may be negative. The downward motion feels natural, because your force is already down on the bars in most standing situations. With the upward motion, I believe it would feel akward, because your not pulling back against something firm.....almost seems it would feel a bit sloppy. I like a firm feeling on everything....I cannot stand slop of any kind. So maybe i'm wrong.

Just my opinion, but I don't see the benefit.

10-17-2007, 11:56 AM
seems to me that it "could" be a bit awkward, but i also think it would reduce even more vibration.

bwamos
10-17-2007, 11:57 AM
Get an anti-vib bar clamps, some Pro-Tapers and anti-vib bar ends inserts. That's really about all you can do.

m.h.s.c.#527
10-18-2007, 09:05 PM
imo opinion it sounds like youve already made your decision that flexx bars are what you need they cant hurt go aheads

tank69
10-18-2007, 10:10 PM
I sucked it up and ordered a set today. The local shop that gives me a smokin' deal on everything gave me an even better deal on the FLEXX bars, so I ordered them. They will be in next week and I will use them for the race the following weekend and give you a report from the fat old guy who desert races! :D

Badmammajamma
10-18-2007, 10:45 PM
Work out boy...Work your fore-arms out a lot. Hang from a pull-up bar for a minute at a time. Do that a couple times a day.

yellowzo3
10-19-2007, 02:50 PM
does anyone know where to buy bar pads for flexx bars? Ive seen quite a few different bar pads on quads but I cant find any place to buy them separately.

05Z400rdr
10-19-2007, 06:53 PM
You can order them directly from Fasst Co. Here are the part numbers.

Replacement Bar Pads
Retail: $14.99

Part Numbers and Colors
FL-1BPR: Red
FL-1BPBLK: Black
FL-1BPBLU: Blue
FL-1BPORG: Orange
FL-1BPSIL: Silver
FL-1BPYEL: Yellow
FL-1BPGRN: Green

Hope this helps.

Landon