PDA

View Full Version : Metrakit 70

bulldogfallon
09-24-2007, 06:19 PM
Well.... after hearing all the good stuff about MK and selling a bunch of the kits to the other parents I had to try it for myself..

Thanks to the boys over at Cheater Motorsports (Dusty, Bubba and Pat) my boy now has a MK powered DRX70.

One word can clarify how it runs...

WOW!!!!!!

When I say that the quad is fast....I mean it is fast......just nasty mean fast.......hard to believe it is the same quad....

My boy has ridden our demo 90s around of property and has never been afraid of a quad....this made him scared for the first time.....

If you are on the fence and not sure if MK is the way to go....don't hesitate...get one or follow one!!!

Of course the CMX gang did a few little custom things that make it this fast, but I am sure they will help anyone that inquires..

We removed the electric start gears and are using a PVL ignition, so it revs like a dirtbike.....If you hear the quad, but don't see it you would sware it was a dirtbike.

We used the Pro Pipe, different belt, variator tweaked, different rear adjustable pulley, machined the case (thanks Pat), PE24mm Carb, changed sprockets 20TFr 30Rear, but it still needs more gear to slow it down on the bottom end.

This set up produces usable MX power....not sure why it is brought up that the power is all top end.....this pulls hard from the second you hit the throttle.

I am extremely impressed with MK performance......

I would recomend having it installed by someone with the proper tools and that is also familiar with the tolerances and what to do and not to do with this kit.....The little things make a HUGE difference when it comes to a set up like this...

Logan #34's Dad
09-25-2007, 07:24 AM
Hey gary, Welcome to the MK club. All I know is I watched a MK quad get holeshot after holeshot at the ATVA Nationals and I was sold. That same quad accidentally took off the gate once with the single speed Cobras and smoked them! How'd you "fix" the Pro pipe? I'm sendin you PM

drr5
09-25-2007, 07:37 AM
glad to hear your happy with it anytime you need the help, as far as the pipe fix its just a simple piece of pipe bent to angle the stinger in the correct direction the rest you have to cut the silencer down to fit, ill bet we could get gary to post a pic or two of the install.pm me with any questions. pat

cheatermtrsprts
09-25-2007, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the kind words Uncle G. Any time you need help, feel free to call and schedule some shop time.

jetmedic
09-25-2007, 07:41 PM
Do you think we can get our own MK sub forum.

hotquads1
09-26-2007, 06:13 AM
thought you might like it !
marc