PDA

View Full Version : wire screen in snorkel

trailblazin joe
09-24-2007, 04:59 PM
What is the point of the screen that Suzuki puts in the snorkel, I would think that all it does is restrict airflow to a small degree. The holes in it would not stop small dirt particles from getting through anyway.

drzoo2
09-24-2007, 05:11 PM
It's a spark arrester and is required by law. It stops hot debris from exhausting from your pipe and starting a nice dry pile of leaves on fire. Technically when you buy an after market pipe you are suppose to get this too unless you race.

z

jonboy
09-24-2007, 06:21 PM
I think he was talking about the intake tube of the airbox. And yes it will prevent larger particals from entering the carb and your cylinder.

07250ex
09-24-2007, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by jonboy
I think he was talking about the intake tube of the airbox. And yes it will prevent larger particals from entering the carb and your cylinder.

thats what the filters for

cataway
09-24-2007, 07:25 PM
actually it has some thing to do with backfiring in to the carb,i dont under stand it my self . mine went byby as sone as i found out it was in there.

drzoo2
09-24-2007, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by cataway
actually it has some thing to do with backfiring in to the carb,i dont under stand it my self . mine went byby as sone as i found out it was in there.

^^^^
Yep. I read it too fast. Backfire stopper so you don't catch your filter on fire.

z

trailblazin joe
09-25-2007, 06:25 AM
My bad, I did mean the intake and not the snorkel. So have most of you removed yours as well and did it affect performance in any way?

yernkie
09-28-2007, 11:04 PM
Take the snorkel out. You should notice a difference, even if you already have the airbox off. Remember, you might need to rejet.