PDA

View Full Version : So who's ready?

Scro
09-24-2007, 10:22 AM
Could Oct. 7 come any slower???:p

smr
09-24-2007, 10:51 AM
I'm ready but I wont be at the first one. We are taking a trip that weekend.

Scro
09-24-2007, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by smr
I'm ready but I wont be at the first one. We are taking a trip that weekend.

Where you headed to?

smr
09-24-2007, 12:57 PM
Little Sahara. We have always wanted to take a trip out to the dunes and this is our year.

fastredrider44
09-24-2007, 01:02 PM
I'm busy that weekend too. I'll be goin to the second race. If the bike and I are ok after that, I'll be going to the third as well.

Scro
09-24-2007, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by smr
Little Sahara. We have always wanted to take a trip out to the dunes and this is our year.

I hear ya...I've got to get out that way sometime or another...sounds like it will be a blast.

JCoop
09-24-2007, 01:50 PM
Scro, what class you running?

Scro
09-25-2007, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by JCoop
Scro, what class you running? .

21-24C

JCoop
09-25-2007, 07:41 AM
Thats what I will be running, look me up man. I will be on a red 450r with blue hipers. I dont know if I will be at this first race but I will be at some for sure.

Scro
09-25-2007, 10:20 AM
Sounds good man. I'll be on a 450r black front plastic, red rear, and a blue stem. Shouldn't be hard to miss...I got tired of trying to keep it pretty and just threw on some spare parts I had...lol

JCoop
09-25-2007, 11:51 AM
Yea this will be my first race on the 450r. I had a orange KFX400 before that. Excited to try out the 450, cannot believe how well the thing handles compared to my 400. Maybe it will help my finishes because I suck lol.

Good luck this season man.

Scro
09-25-2007, 06:06 PM
Yea this will be my first race on the 450r. I had a orange KFX400 before that. Excited to try out the 450, cannot believe how well the thing handles compared to my 400. Maybe it will help my finishes because I suck lol.

Good luck this season man.

Same to you. Are you running for points?

JCoop
09-26-2007, 06:40 AM
No, I dont think I will be running for points. I dont think I am good enough to try to run for points, plus I cant make it to all of the races so it wouldnt be worth it anyways. Once I get some races in I might run points next season.

What about you?

smr
09-26-2007, 09:13 AM
No, I dont think I will be running for points. I dont think I am good enough to try to run for points, plus I cant make it to all of the races so it wouldnt be worth it anyways. Once I get some races in I might run points next season.

What about you?

JCoop...Go ahead and run points. Very few people make all the races. I once finished 2nd in points and I have never made every race in one season.

JCoop
09-26-2007, 09:36 AM
Doesnt it cost money to run points? I don't know. I might, maybe it will give me more reason to go to as many races as I can lol.

Harold, have fun at the Dunes. I would like to meet you at the next race.

Scro
09-26-2007, 10:23 AM
Doesnt it cost money to run points? I don't know. I might, maybe it will give me more reason to go to as many races as I can lol.

Harold, have fun at the Dunes. I would like to meet you at the next race.

Yeah I plan on it, it will be my first time. From what I've been told, consistency wins championships. I'm not sure I will be able to make it to Indiana or Illinois, but I plan on using those as my drops. It cost $20 for points.

JCoop
09-26-2007, 11:13 AM
If its only $20 then I will probably do it too. I will be sure to come by and introduce myself to you Scro. I don't know anyone at the races and its always cool to meet new guys.

Do you go to Westpoint? I was thinking about going down there soon to ride.

Scro
09-26-2007, 01:54 PM
If its only $20 then I will probably do it too. I will be sure to come by and introduce myself to you Scro. I don't know anyone at the races and its always cool to meet new guys.

Do you go to Westpoint? I was thinking about going down there soon to ride.

Yeah, I'm there almost every weekend.

JCoop
09-26-2007, 02:00 PM
I have never been there but I have heard its an awesome place to ride. If I ever decide to go I will shoot you a PM, maybe we can get some riding in.

Scro
09-26-2007, 02:01 PM
Sounds good...I'm not on here much on the weekends...just give me a buzz..2563663702.

duke416ex
09-28-2007, 07:36 AM
If I remember right, I think they said there is going to be no fee for points this year, but they are going to raise the entry fees at each race to make up for it. I think I heard that at the banquet.

smr
09-28-2007, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by duke416ex
If I remember right, I think they said there is going to be no fee for points this year, but they are going to raise the entry fees at each race to make up for it. I think I heard that at the banquet.

He has been talking about doing that for several years. Not enough people are signing up for points.

I actually think it's agood idea because we have a lot of people that run most of the races but don't sign up for points because they don't want to be advanced. We had a guy in our class last year that consitantly showed up in the top 15 but never signed up for points.

duke416ex
09-28-2007, 11:58 AM
I think he sold his quad though. I doubt he will race the beginning of the season, but you can never tell when he will get back in.

K.Kincaid
09-28-2007, 09:40 PM
Looking forward to the 7th. Just starting out I've only got to race two times and I'm hooked! I've raced cars for years and finally decided to give quads a try and love it. I ran the past ss race at Westmoreland in the beginer class and want to move up to a C class. Do they have a 30+ C class or is it 33+ Thanks

fastredrider44
09-30-2007, 08:41 PM
30+. I've got a couple of buddies that run it. I reckon I'm going to be signing up for points in 16-20 C.

gncc025
09-30-2007, 09:45 PM
theres a good chance ill be at michigan city. ill be in 16-20 B or 16-20 C.

fastredrider44
10-03-2007, 11:31 AM
Looks like I might make it Sun.

harescrambles
10-06-2007, 06:21 PM
I will be there ,, 40+

450Rchaser
10-08-2007, 08:37 AM
I was there 25-29 C. Didnt make it the whole race. A soon as I made the first turn on the start and went down that little hill to the woods my front bumper got on top of a guy's grab bar.

The dust in the fields was insane. I was just watchin the white 4 wheeler in front of me the best I could. Went thru a couple dips and couldnt see them. All of a sudden my front end would just drop. Got stuck once and hit a couple trees head on down around where it smelled like a big cow terd. Which was the only dry part of the whole trail.

Scro
10-08-2007, 09:16 AM
It wasn't a very good day for me either. It was just a bad weekend all together. In the 3 days prior to Sunday, I had only sleep about 10 hours trying to replace the crank bearing in my motor. We finished late Sat. night, cranked it up, and it still is doing the same thing. Only this time with a much louder knock:ermm:

So, I borrowed my buddies 400ex. It had a couple things, elka rear shock, wheels and tires. But mostly stock, including stock front shocks. I've never been beat to death so much in my life, like riding a pogo stick in the fields.

About mile 9, in the thick weaving woods, I hit a tree that sent me over the bars. The top bar of the bumper went just over the nose of my helmet and split the inside of my lip wide open....blood went everywhere:scary:

I pull off at the tent to wash the blood out of my mouth, hit the button to start back up, and nothing. That's where my day ended. We still haven't figured out why it won't crank.

After the race, we stopped by the hospital to have them sew up my lip, which set us back 2 hours. Mind you, we still had a 5 hour ride home and I had to be up for work 5:mad: So you can imagine how I feel right now.

Hopefully my motor will be ready for the next race, and I won't have to fight the 400:p

450Rchaser
10-08-2007, 05:26 PM
WHat color was the 400. Ive been looking thru the pics. My buddy was in your class on a black 450r.

harescrambles
10-08-2007, 07:01 PM
I thought the track was good except the dust, i had to back off in the dusty areas and then catch up in the woods. I still managed to finish 3rd. I got some badass blisters and i noticed a few others did too,

my hands:mad:

Scro
10-08-2007, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by 450Rchaser
WHat color was the 400. Ive been looking thru the pics. My buddy was in your class on a black 450r.

Black front plastic, red rear, orange and white gear. I think page six or seven of the pics is our class. Damn, those blisters make me feel better about my injuries:eek:

JCoop
10-09-2007, 10:19 AM
Yea I didnt have the greatest race either. Dead last on the start entering the woods. Caught up with the group but hit the dusty field sections right after and had to hold back again. Started to work my way through the pack and caught a tree and bent the crap out of my tie rod. That was pretty much the end of my race. It wouldnt make right turns at all. Went through the tent in 7th place. Tried to make a 2nd lap but I was starting to get dehydrated. Pulled out about half way through the 2nd lap. Oh well, I really need to work on my endurance.

Dustin, glad to hear you are okay man. Better luck next time, hopefully when you get the 450 back. Nice meeting you buddy.

450Rchaser
10-09-2007, 11:44 AM
The dust was almost dangerous it was so bad. I used alot of energy trying to stay close enough to the guy in front of me in the fields and then was super tired once I got into the woods. The last time that I crossed the road and saw the 4 1/2 mile marker I was cussing. "I've only been that far, you have got to be F-ing kidding me. I had already been hung up goin into the woods, stuck once, and hit 2 trees.

I here you on the endurance part. I had been workingon my forearms since the race awhjile back in Westmoreland. I mite have to invest in an exercise bike and bottled water instead of Bud Light.