PDA

View Full Version : Question about shocks for my blaster

sleekmr3
09-24-2007, 08:02 AM
First off. Wanted to say Hi to everyone. Just found this site recently. Looks like an awesome forum.

I have a 2003 blaster. I only trail ride. Don't really do jumps that much. If I do they are small ones. hahaha.

I wanted to get some opinions on upgraded shocks.

I am looking to smoother more comfortable ride.

What shocks would you guys recommend?

I have been looking at some works shocks.

also I heard that banshee stock shocks fit a blaster too and I believe that they have a +2in travel vs the stock blaster shocks. (cheap alternative)

If the shocks on a banshee fit then would aftermarket shocks for a banshee fit also? (ex: would works shocks for a banshee fit a blaster?)

I am looking to save money. I would be shopping for used works shocks. I noticed that banshee works shocks sell for cheap and they could be rebuilt if needed.

Thanks for all the help guys/girls.

ryansblaster
09-24-2007, 02:33 PM
i would get save up and get some elkas if i were you.

sleekmr3
09-24-2007, 03:16 PM
elkas are a dream man. I wish I could justify the money for a pair of those beasts. I wouldn't be able to ride enough to appreciate elkas

Xater
09-24-2007, 05:17 PM
get some cheep +3 or +2 a arms and some new or used works shocks. it will handle real nice.

banshee84
09-24-2007, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Xater
get some cheep +3 or +2 a arms and some new or used works shocks. it will handle real nice.

I agree with that, save up some money and have patience. It will be worth it in the long run

badquad
09-28-2007, 01:11 PM
My son has the +5 5/8 SMS arms, and Elka 250R front shocks, handles real nice, real nice..Wait and save

blaster99
09-28-2007, 06:52 PM
if your only trailriding, you could save for like +2 or 3 a-arms from ebay, then get some front works. works are good shocks for trail riding with some jumps here and there, asr a-arms on ebay are around 350 i belive.

Dr89
10-03-2007, 02:54 PM
well if your REALLY into saving money, stock yfz arms and shocks CAN work with a bit of modding...you can look up the details of it on here somewhere, that would definately be your cheapest bet. if you look enough you could about get everything you need for under $100.

otherwise cheapest way out would be ASR a-arms for about $350 like they said, and works...but personally i wouldnt spend money on works shocks, they're barely better than stock, try to find some used elkas.

sleekmr3
10-03-2007, 03:11 PM
you wouldn't happen to have a link to the modded yfz arms would you? I am interested.

tried doing a search but yfz is too short of a word to do a search.

Dr89
10-03-2007, 03:47 PM
naa man i cant find the good thread i found it on, the guy had a pic of it and everything and it was really really nice looking...but i know you have to relocate your shock mounts on your frame OR, make brackets like some of the ones on ebay for adapting 400ex a-arms to a 300ex, search that on ebay to get an idea of what im talking about....personally thats what i would do because i'd save a TON of money and the end result would be more than satisfactory, but if you know your not very mechanically inclined it might not be the best route to take. your call.

sleekmr3
10-03-2007, 03:52 PM
thanks for the info. I also see people using asr a-arms and stock banshee shocks. Might look into that as an alternative. will see.

thanks again.