PDA

View Full Version : Laegers a-arms/t pin

louis
09-23-2007, 09:41 PM
hello I have a question abut the pro trax front end. I just recieved the compleat set up and the bearings in the arms are rusty. They need to be changed are they special bearing do you have to get them direct from laegers. I purchased the stock bearing kit but the bearing is to large and they are not the same style.

brokenbones
09-24-2007, 02:49 PM
call baldwin racing they hooked me up for my rebuild kit but get your visa ready because it wasnt cheap but it was complete

my 2 cents

HondaATC500X
09-24-2007, 03:17 PM
I'm going through this right now on mine. Which bushings on yours are bad? I replaced the a-arm mounting bushings (where it bolts onto the frame ) very easy to change. The bushings/bearings in the t-pin spindles where the A-arms attach is a little trickier. They use what is called a "Spherical bearing" with 2 aluminum bushings pressed into it. They are 5/8inch ID, and inch and a 16th OD. I ordered mine for MSC Direct, http://www.mscdirect.com and then search for Spherical bearing with those sizes I provided. Their currently out of stock but will be getting more) Theres a snap ring that holds them into place, that once is removed the old ones need to be pressed out.

Rollscanardly
09-24-2007, 03:49 PM
I dont know if you shopped around but i would before i ordered bearings from MSC... I bought some bearings from them once by the advice of a friend because it would be "cheaper" well it wasnt. Not even close.
Too bad i didnt realize it till they were installed in the part.

Hunter

atvmxr
09-24-2007, 03:56 PM
nice double post there, H-dog :D

Rollscanardly
09-24-2007, 04:23 PM
good thing while i was screwing stuff up i forgot to uncheck the box for email notification lol :muscle:

H-dog