PDA

View Full Version : Powroll Big bore kit

F9mechanic
09-23-2007, 05:45 PM
Has anyone out there tried the Powroll big bore kit for the 250ex? Im just curious to see if their is a real difference.

m.h.s.c.#527
09-23-2007, 10:06 PM
ive seen one not a big enough one for the money it costs

culichi
09-24-2007, 02:08 PM
i want to know where to get it for my brother :p

ryanh250ex
09-24-2007, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by F9mechanic
Has anyone out there tried the Powroll big bore kit for the 250ex? Im just curious to see if their is a real difference.

The powroll is a alright kit, however you have to factor in that the kit does require machining and bores the cyl out to .080 over stock. Which means if you were to rebuild due to lots of usage or a catastrophic failure , you would have to re-sleeve the cylinder, and start over again.

Extra displacement will give you more power, but it's when its combined with other things- hotter cam, headwork, comrpession, etc etc, that really makes the extra cc's shine.

For the money I'd look into getting some headwork done, and possibly a WEB cam. you'll spend approximately the same amount of money, and yield bigger gains.

rev-man
10-09-2007, 07:09 PM
but has any of you tried it to see if it really gives it a lot more power i mean when my motor goes bad (hopefully a long time from now) i might consider this.