PDA

View Full Version : Head Pipe?

kfxracer
09-23-2007, 01:06 PM
I'm looking for a new head pipe to compliment my current mods (see signature). At first I was just gonna go ahead and make it a full HMF system, but HMF's head pipe is $250!!! I have looked at the FMF Powerbomb and Hi-Flo, Pro Circuit, and Whit Brothers. Which do you guys think has the best overall performance? I need something that will work with my slip on. I can do a little cutting/modding.

Z-Rider86
09-24-2007, 01:05 PM
this is JMO but I don't see the point in getting a head pipe if you don't have motor work done. If you want a little more kick you can get a cam, different sprocket, or DRZ base gasket. The gasket and sprocket will bake a good size difference in the get up of you machine, and it's prolly the some of the cheapest mods you can do.

cataway
09-24-2007, 04:45 PM
i guess i have to disagree with Z-Rider86 ,a header pipe is not going to hurt any thing ,the jetting more than likely can be increased . i would like to see kfxracer with a better in take ,maybe even lose the air box . any time ya can just bolt on HP your farther a head . I'd say wait till ya have to do some maintenance like new rings ,then when its apart new piston valves , port & polish , even cams and a timing chain . look around you may find a used header pipe at half the price of a new one

kfxracer
09-24-2007, 06:02 PM
ok thanks! I thought about removing the aire box, but I ride alot of trails, including mud and water, and it's just not an option!

cataway
09-24-2007, 06:34 PM
oh i under stand your fears how ever were theres a will theres a way...............to both worlds
http://nor-calatv.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=499

kfxracer
09-24-2007, 07:32 PM
thanks! I'm running no lid or snorkel right now, and I think I'll keep it that way. For right now, I think I'll just get a Powerbomb Head Pipe and Dynatech Non-Programmable CDI. I am thinking of a Wesico Piston kit, not big bore, just the one that's lighter than stock and adds torque! Maybe cams after that! The list goes on and on!

drzoo2
09-24-2007, 08:32 PM
I think you'll be happy with the FMF although like I told you in my PPM their CS sucks. The header was an improvement with the TI-4 I had. If your going to upgrade to a bigbore and some cams you'll need it.

z

kfxracer
09-26-2007, 05:55 PM
Yeah, and in the future, I do want cams! Thanks man, you're very helpful, all of you are!

quad97
09-28-2007, 06:44 PM
I've heard that some pipe manufacurers make their slip-ons and full systems different pipe sizes because the full systems use bigger head pipes, and a new head pipe doesn't mate with a slip on. Make sure that you check with the manufacturers to make sure they are compatible if you do get a header!

z400ACDC
09-28-2007, 07:51 PM
With no extra mods, you will not notice any hp gaines. You could go faster by spending the cash on a steering dampner. The hot cams would be your best bang for the buck!

kfxracer
09-29-2007, 01:33 PM
ok, I am just a 'lil intimidated by the task of cams! The guy that works in my dad's car shop and me could do it no problem, but I am a little scared, plus I don't think my dad will let my, as I am 15 and still under his say so. lol