PDA

View Full Version : sport tires?

cragar8
09-22-2007, 08:52 PM
what would you guys and girls say is the best sport quad front and rear tires that are for trail riding? i ride woods with rocks mud and roots. thanks for your time

ridered92
09-22-2007, 08:59 PM
mud sharks rear and any thing in the front

yfzrider45
09-23-2007, 07:14 AM
The PERFECT tire for you is the Holeshot HD, get both front and rear, there 6ply and are made for the roughest trail conditions possible....hope you choose well:D

procircuit406ex
09-26-2007, 08:18 PM
Razr2

trx400EXtreme
09-27-2007, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by procircuit406ex
Razr2 yup.

Scro
09-27-2007, 02:38 PM
I run Razr2 front and Holeshot HD rear on my 450. It's a good combo if you have the motor to pull the extra weight of the HD's. If weight is a problem, you can go with Razr1 rears. These won't hookup as good as the HD's the way they are originally. But I've heard they will hook up just as good as any other tire once you groove them.

Interestingly enough, the grooved Razr1's look very similar to an HD that has been worn down a little;)

yfzrider45
09-29-2007, 07:19 AM
well maybe razr2's are fine, i have hypers so i dont have to worry about weight

Dr89
10-10-2007, 09:54 PM
in all of my experiences the tires i have on right now are the best i've ever run for trails/rocks/roots/mud...i get into some gnarly stuff and nothing has pulled me through like the kenda radials. 2nd choice would be the kenda knarly's with razr fronts, also a great set-up.

holeshot hd's do not perform well at all, not at all at par with the other two i've listed, holeshots are a waste of money when riding trails, you pay more for the name than any kind of performance.

also going to shoot down the razrs (1), especially if you think your going to see mud, we've got all kinds of muddy hills around here and they simply will not pull you up them, they dont clean out. same with sandy creek bottoms and muddy water crossings.

again guys dont jump on me this is based on my experience with these tires and are only my opinion...but i have seen the hd's and razrs FAIL numerous times in our riding conditions which are exactly as he described.

razr II's are just dayum expensive!! and are clunky and dont slide well when things dry up...get the kenda radials! ;)

i also have a pic of the fronts if your interested.