PDA

View Full Version : I Need Clutch Help!!! !!! !!!

Gregjy
09-22-2007, 08:35 PM
O.k. here is the deal. I have been pulling my hair out. I have an 86 TRX 250r. New clutch new 89 upgrade kit. Everything is wonderful and all the sudden you will have NO clutch... Will not disengage... Lever is all loose and just nothing... Some times you can adjust it around but then you will be riding along and then the lever will be just the opposite... Tight as H*LL.... Loosen it back up and be good for awhile then right back to the same thing all over again... Some one PLEASE have an answer ... Going crazy over this.... Thank...Greg

skyhighatv
09-23-2007, 03:48 PM
its possible you might have some sort of debris in the journal that the push rod runs through,or maybe a bad return spring,or possibly the wrong pressure plate for the 89 swap. just some thoughts,keep us updated.

redrooster310r
09-25-2007, 05:29 AM
CHECK THAT CLUTCH ARM ON THE LEFT SIDE . MAYBE ITS WORN OR NNOT INSTALLED RIGHT.....OR THERES AN OBSTRUCTION SOMEWHERE....BAD CABLE......LOOSE CABLE HOLDER?

zedicus00
09-25-2007, 08:14 AM
the bearing on the clutch arm that goes into the case.

posibly the wrong presure plate.

ive seen peeple bend presure plates by not doing a criscross pattern when titening the clutch bolts down. maybe that was it?