PDA

View Full Version : What should I do for winter?

FriesenYFZ
09-22-2007, 07:42 PM
I'm planning on building my '04 yfz up a bit this winter, and I'm not sure what to buy...I have a budget of around $3000 and I want to set my quad up for xc and a little racing here and there...any ideas...?

Bill Fuller
09-23-2007, 06:42 AM
Depends what you already have.

yfzrider45
09-23-2007, 07:19 AM
get elka elite front shocks, all around hypers, and maybe a stronger axle and new plastics....thats what i did with myne but i got plus 2 arms and plus 4 axle.....hey does your coolant drain out your back resevoir fast, or does it stay in there for couple weeks or so, cuz i have an 04 to and myne takes a lot of coolant!!

FriesenYFZ
09-23-2007, 10:13 PM
My coolant lasts for quite a long time, at least 2 weeks with riding every day. Hey where do you recommend buying parts from, I live right on the border in BC so getting stuff from the U.S. is simple, and the dollar is just about even now so that really helps. The dealerships up here are so stupid, they charge so much more for anything. Would Golden West cycle be a good option, or some other place?

cbrooks118
09-24-2007, 07:11 AM
you should learn not to post the same topic five times during the winter

atvrider23054
09-24-2007, 04:51 PM
If it were me I would get my quad running perfectly. change some bearings and all that. Once I have it in mint shape, then start modding it.

250rmike
09-24-2007, 08:00 PM
go over the bike figure out what needs replaced. then start by getting either replacement front shock and a rebuilt rear or if you dont race alot get front and rear rebuild and revalve. then some good xc tires some skids maybe a bigger tank depending on how long you ride for. a good antivibe stem or some flex bars will go a long way to help endurance maybe some tires balls. that would be a good start and possible add some reinforced or beadlock rims to that list depending on what combination you go with

TheNewn
09-26-2007, 10:54 AM
If i had 3K to spend on a YFZ i'd probably get:

Tires/Wheels (preferably Hipers)

Shocks (Elka Elites might be out of reach, regular compression adjustment is good enough anyway i would think)

Full exahust/Intake

Nerf Bars

Handlebars/hand guards/ASV levers

Maybe Grab bar/Bumper

Steering stabilizer

Mostly what i would do is get stuff that makes it more comfortable to ride, I imagine it has enough power.