PDA

View Full Version : seat and full or slip on exhaust

pattersondp
09-22-2007, 12:19 PM
HI new to the forum, I have a 06 outlaw 500 and was checking to get a gripper seat from quadworks but dont know if the seat is the same as a preddy and what is the differance between full and slip on exhausts I am aware the full is going to kick but is a slip on worth it or just spend the extra money on a full exhaust

thanks for any info

:devil:

CHADHIX
09-22-2007, 12:52 PM
Hey! Polaris now offers a full gripper seat cover in black for the 06-08 Outlaws. It is $59.99. Part #2876863. You can oreder it from me @ www.donwoodpolaris.com if you would like one. I have one on my 525 and love it.

pattersondp
09-23-2007, 01:59 AM
thanks chadhix that is nice i also saw a k@n filter for a real good price to and if its over 100 bucks shippings free what about the full or slip on questions :devil:

that slow guy
09-23-2007, 07:35 AM
i've always done full systems on my sport bikes. the weight differences between aftermarket headers and stock headers is worth the cost in most cases... not to mention the added performance of a smoother flowing header.
i ordered a full system for my outlaw last week, but, have not received it yet. if it comes in any time soon, i'll let you know how they compare.
i've also never bought a slip on exhaust. in most cases, a slip on that fits your stock head pipe wont fit on an aftermarket header. upgrading to a full system requires tossing your slip on in the spare parts pile.

pattersondp
09-23-2007, 07:55 AM
WHAT PIPE R U GETTING FOR YOUR HOG IVE SEEN HMF ON EBAY FOR 437 WITH JETS AND SPARKY WHAT DO YA THINK:devil:

that slow guy
09-23-2007, 08:29 AM
i'm getting the hmf ironman. i wanted the full muzzy's but haven't been able to find more than a slip on.

CHADHIX
09-23-2007, 08:03 PM
I think very highly of HMF. I have it on my 525 and it performs great! I had the White Bros duals on my Outlaw 500 and made it fit my 525 and the HMF blows those duals away in performance. The duals did look cool though! I have found the best way to get HMF is to order it directly from them. Stay away from E-bay, Those guys order it when you win it.

Polaris TLD
10-06-2007, 09:17 PM
I have been looking into the same set-up and Posted a question on Polaris Owners.com. Most said the HMF was the way to go but I also looked at postings that said the HMF full pipe system headers are closer to the oil tank and can melt the top of the tank.