View Full Version : what rev box to get

oleboy87
09-22-2007, 09:05 AM
i was looking at the amr rev boxes and there coil... is this a good product and will it benifit me to purchase the coil also? are there any other brands that you suggest please let me know...

Wheelie
09-22-2007, 04:49 PM
Do a search, this subject has been covered extensively.

IMO--Rev boxes are a waste of $$ unless the engine is modified internally.

09-22-2007, 05:08 PM
spend you money on something else...they are a major waste of money. look at it this way, how often are you totally revved out and hitting the current rev limiter? most likely the answer is not very often, so in that case do you really think a 1000 more rpms are going to be that noticeable, especially since the 400ex is not making a lot of power at that point.

oleboy87
09-22-2007, 05:51 PM
yeeaaaa... im just looking for more power... ive heard that the rev boxes give it a hotter spark.. dont know if that is true of not..

04blasterkid
09-22-2007, 07:38 PM
rev boxes add about 1000 rpms and change the ignition curve a little...

i have a big gun evo rev box, like brand new, used for a couple months, id sell it for 50 bucks plus ur stock one... i also have nice nerfs im selling ( buying a pit bike)

09-22-2007, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
spend you money on something else...they are a major waste of money. look at it this way, how often are you totally revved out and hitting the current rev limiter? most likely the answer is not very often, so in that case do you really think a 1000 more rpms are going to be that noticeable, especially since the 400ex is not making a lot of power at that point.

Actually I was able to notice just 200RPM more. The white bros e-series adds i think 243RPM more than stock and adds 2HP. I noticed i was able to stay in a gear longer on trails without shifting up and then back down. After I had that pipe on for 4 months i put the stock back on and i could deffinately feel myself hitting the rev limiter more often. But 1000rpm i would think would be hard for a internally stock motor to do.

09-22-2007, 10:10 PM
i was referring to the rev box being a waste...a full exhaust is good

coryatver
09-22-2007, 10:17 PM
rev boxes are a gimmick. definitly not needed unless you have a really built motor. Companys just get the rev box from OEM honda off a xr250 or one of them mark it up twice as much and sell it. At that high of RPM you actually make LESS horsepower! Peak horsepower is made way before that at like 7,000 rpm. if you are hitting the rev limiter learn how to ride.