PDA

View Full Version : Mx Track?

06LTR
09-21-2007, 07:40 AM
Im building a mx track for quads and wanted to know if i need to get insurance on the place if the riders and specs. sign a legal waver stating we the land owners and track designers are not held responsable for any actions you take on the land or track. I also have all the signs and safety workers and im not charging to ride. just a place to ride with my friends so we dont get in any trouble. thanks for any help!!!

mxdad
09-21-2007, 08:03 AM
You would have to check your local laws. But even if they say you don't HAVE to have it, it would be a good idea because as most tracks know, the waivers aren't worth crap if someone wants to sue you. Protect yourself!!!

quad2xtreme
09-21-2007, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by 06LTR
Im building a mx track for quads and wanted to know if i need to get insurance on the place if the riders and specs. sign a legal waver stating we the land owners and track designers are not held responsable for any actions you take on the land or track. I also have all the signs and safety workers and im not charging to ride. just a place to ride with my friends so we dont get in any trouble. thanks for any help!!!

You should always have insurance...

Anyhow, form a riding club. Elect a President and secretary. Have quarterly meetings and take meeting notes. Force every rider to be a member of the club for $100 a year. Use the club dues to lease the land from the land owner.

This is about the best you can do on a low budget. The trick is that you cannot sue yourself...if you are a member of the club then it would be the same.

Are you the land owner?