PDA

View Full Version : Won't start plz helop

w.va rider
09-20-2007, 07:27 PM
So I rebuilt my 2002 400ex. I put a wiseco 11:1 piston and new exhaust valves in. It took it a while to start but it did. I ran it for about 5 days till tonight when I was going to adjust my valves. Well I adjusted my valves, no fire. So i tore it down and the thing in the motor that hold the cam bearings on the cam came off. no biggy. i put them back on and adjusted the valves again. No fire. I have spark, compression, and fuel. What else can it be? please answer asap.

04blasterkid
09-20-2007, 07:58 PM
possibly timing is way off?

EX LONERIDER
09-20-2007, 08:18 PM
recheck your valve clearance... i had a similar problem and ended up being i adjusted the valve clearance too tight to where it wasnt letting the valves close letting the compression leak out.

loosen them up some and see what happens. keep enough fuel in the line for the carb to have fuel to light it for a few seconds. once you adjust them light it off, if it runs you are good....

QuadManiac
09-21-2007, 12:15 PM
Do you know how to determine whether you adjusted your valves at TDC on the compression or exhause stroke? If you accidentally did it on the exhaust, they will be way out of adjustment.

Watch the intake valves while turning the crankshaft counter-clockwise, when they just start to move down, (open) look for the next instance of the timing mark. THen you're on the compression stroke TDC.

If u already knew this, nevermind, lol.