PDA

View Full Version : oil ?

450rcrazy022692
09-20-2007, 04:58 PM
i kinda have a prob!

I let my brother take my 450 this weekend to ride and he decided to change the oil...but he put in exxon oil...just out of curiosity will it affect anything? He put it in the tranny and engine side.

Also what do you guys run for tranny oil? I was told Bel Ray Gear Saver, then one of the guys at my local dealer was like HELL NO! its for 2 strokes only...so now im running HP4 20-50

Also if the exxon oil isnt bad for the quad like i think...do you think i can get one more weekend outta it?

d3ktrix
09-20-2007, 09:02 PM
Dump it out of both sides before the bike is used anymore.
Its a car oil so almost for sure has friction modifiers in it that will make your clutches slip.
Car oils that say "Energy Conserving" shouldn't be used in the engine side of ur bike. Its not made to handle high heat/high revving conditions.

The guy at ur dealership probably doesn't know that the 450r has separate oils for the engine and the trans/clutches.
The belray gear saver is one of the best oils u can run in the tranny side of the 450r. It is a 2 stroke tranny oil but u can use it because the oils are separated.