PDA

View Full Version : Pssa

MX MaNiAc 06
09-20-2007, 04:17 PM
Alright so last year we took the PSSAs as juniors. We had to score proficient on the math and reading. If we didnt make proficient we dont graduate. So of course i only made basic on the math since its my worst subject. So this year i have to take a remedial class for it. We get to retake the test in October. But i have the class for a whole semester.. until January. So we will sit in that class after we have already taken the test for 3 months. I know it looks like im just stupid but 90 of the 170 kids in my graduating class didnt make proficient and have to take the class!

Im horrible at math and i hate it. Ive taken beginning algebra, beginning geometry and consumer math. There is algebra 2 on this test. How the hell am i supposed to know algebra 2 when i took beginning alegebra in 9th grade?! Everyone is disruptive in the class and i feel like im not learning very much. I am going to stay after school and get tutored to make sure i pass this damn thing. No way am i spending the second half of my senior year in this class 8th pd when i could be leaving study hall and going home early every day..

Has anyone else suffered from this? Bush calls it "no child left behind" I hate that man.

Sorry for my rant but im so pissed!

09-20-2007, 06:10 PM
I was in the same situation as you last week. Until my guidance counselor calls me down and apparently i'm exempt from taking the HSPA(the same thing as your test, just the Jersey version). So now im in Auto 2. worked out for me lol

MX MaNiAc 06
09-20-2007, 08:11 PM
How are u exempt?

pro-rider46
09-20-2007, 08:17 PM
yeah the pssa and all the other test suck. and we have to take freakin forsite tests three times a year, i think we should hire a sniper and... i will just leave it at that, or we can all move to Canada! i freakin hate those tests, i do okay on them, but its bs that you have to take a class for not being taught how to do that, i sometimes, think i hate america, just cause of bush and the dumb @$$ laws, Canada on the other hand, it seem pretty cool.

clutch22
09-20-2007, 08:17 PM
ur school's gay dood

MX MaNiAc 06
09-22-2007, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by clutch22
ur school's gay dood

Someone understands!

dirtbike&quad
09-22-2007, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06

Has anyone else suffered from this? Bush calls it "no child left behind" I hate that man.

yea ur right its bush's fault.

dirtbike&quad
09-22-2007, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
I was in the same situation as you last week. Until my guidance counselor calls me down and apparently i'm exempt from taking the HSPA(the same thing as your test, just the Jersey version). So now im in Auto 2. worked out for me lol

by law every student in New jersey must pass the hspa to graduate so basically your Guidance counselor lied or youre lieing. And if you are exempt from the hspa why do you get an extra class (auto 2)...its not like the hspa is a class. its just a test you take for like 2 days of school.

enlighten me

jesseweaver
09-22-2007, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by pro-rider46
yeah the pssa and all the other test suck. and we have to take freakin forsite tests three times a year, i think we should hire a sniper and... i will just leave it at that, or we can all move to Canada! i freakin hate those tests, i do okay on them, but its bs that you have to take a class for not being taught how to do that, i sometimes, think i hate america, just cause of bush and the dumb @$$ laws, Canada on the other hand, it seem pretty cool.
yea we have to take those queer forsite tests 3 times a year. everything that we do in school our teachers say it is to prepare for the pssa, and i have to take them next year. i think they make way to big of a deal about it.

09-22-2007, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by dirtbike&quad
by law every student in New jersey must pass the hspa to graduate so basically your Guidance counselor lied or youre lieing. And if you are exempt from the hspa why do you get an extra class (auto 2)...its not like the hspa is a class. its just a test you take for like 2 days of school.

enlighten me

I failed it last year(junior year) so I had to take a SRA class this year which means you just retake it and if you fail it again yo pass anyway for being in the class. I'm classified or something i have no idea, but it means i'm exempt from taking it. So i took auto instead. And its not an extra class, i need it since the earliest I can leave is 5th period, so auto2 makes up my 5th period.

Robin Hood
09-22-2007, 10:31 PM
Study harder.

On the new SAT's I scored a 1750/2400. Got me into Penn State and plenty of other colleges. My g/f on the other hand has been in HSPA classes since freshman year. She finally put her nose to the grindstone senior year and she got through the tests/classes with no problems.

Your school might be a little harsh but when push comes to shove it will always come down to how you apply yourself.

Now if you need tutoring classes I could help you out for a small fee. :p

MX MaNiAc 06
09-23-2007, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
I failed it last year(junior year) so I had to take a SRA class this year which means you just retake it and if you fail it again yo pass anyway for being in the class. I'm classified or something i have no idea, but it means i'm exempt from taking it. So i took auto instead. And its not an extra class, i need it since the earliest I can leave is 5th period, so auto2 makes up my 5th period.

Thats not fair. We take the class and if we dont pass the test we are in the class another semester!!!!

Honda TRX250ex
09-23-2007, 02:47 PM
f the pssa's man they are so stupid and useless i say hey if you can make it through 12 grades and pass them then graduate you shouldent have to take some stupid ares test for the state.