PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid reliability

timmersam
09-20-2007, 04:25 AM
I am looking for a new quad and was wondering, if I put kibblewhite valves into the crf motor, how reliable can I expect a hybrid to be. I tend to be very meticulous when it comes to maintaining my quads so it will be taken care of. How does the power compare to the production quads?
Thanks for the help.

outacontrol
09-20-2007, 04:36 PM
well i have a crf laeger hybrid, and its been as reliable as any production quad ive owned. last winter i put kibblewhite valves with new seats/guides etc in my head, after i ran out of adjustment, and couldnt be happier. Starts first kick, and after about 50 hrs this year, still in spec. As far as power, I had a yfz with lighter flywheel, high compression cp piston, and exhaust/jetting, and my hybrid walked all over it. stock for stock the crf has more hp than the trx.

xrxmxcx
09-21-2007, 08:52 AM
people tend to misunderstand hybrids and think that they are a unreliable bike, when in fact when kept up right, they are an awesome machine to ride. yes it might be a little bit more difficult to find parts and replace chassis parts, but in the end it is well worth it

Rulz
09-21-2007, 09:26 AM
Hybrids are without a doubt more reliable than their production counterparts. Hybrids tend to have minimal accessories, no fans, no light, stripped down wiring harnesses, larger radiators, etc. In other words, fewer things to go wrong. I sold my PRP CRF hybrids but they were the easiest things in the world to work on. I forgot to mention most hybrids use aftermarket frames, which is far superior to the stock production frames, so that makes them much more reliable as well.