PDA

View Full Version : The joke behind EFI controlers.

TWILES
09-19-2007, 08:18 PM
Which one is better? From what I've read here, all but the PC3, Yoshi, Vortex, and WhiteBros are the same thing with the same 3 maps and one custom for God only know what.

Read this article:
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t300/TWILES_21/atvsport.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t300/TWILES_21/atvsport001.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t300/TWILES_21/atvsport002.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t300/TWILES_21/atvsport003.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t300/TWILES_21/atvsport004.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t300/TWILES_21/atvsport005.jpg

brink400
09-21-2007, 05:47 PM
If you have a power commander you can take it to a dynojet dyno with an air fuel meter and plug it straight into the dyno computer and make a custom fuel map tailored to the precise needs of your motor. And you can also take your laptop or pc and make custom maps and see charts of the fuel curves and everything. The PC definately has way more features then the other ones, the only ones close are the yoshi system and the fuelpak.

TWILES
09-21-2007, 05:55 PM
I like the Fuel Pak better by the way it reads. I checked out their site and it seems like it would be easier to operate.

LTR450_#67
09-22-2007, 09:24 AM
The Bazazz controller looks like it is better than most of the others too with the USB hook up....Bazazz is actually a VERY reputable name in the Streetbike scene. And they also designed and made the Yoshi set-up to Yoshimuras likings.

Aaron

TWILES
09-22-2007, 12:49 PM
That is interesting. This should be "sticky-ed" because both of you guys have really explained a lot in no more than you have said. I know I'm not the only one out there that has been extremely confused about all the different one's and I'm NOT the type to buy something just because someone said so and they don't even know how it works.

DVXracer
09-22-2007, 06:06 PM
What controller would be best for me ? My mods are in my sig and i would like something user friendly, but works good also ...

AL Elks
09-23-2007, 12:09 PM
Absolutely correct!

Bazzaz makes the PIM and FIMAK for Yoshimura!

Unfortunately he had to give the customer what they wanted and that was the PIM as well as the FIMAK without the ability to let you hook a laptop to the PIM. Of course this means more money for Yoshi as you have to purchase the FIMAK to tune it.

I'm glad to see he's making his own for the LTR as well.

AL

kennerz
10-02-2007, 08:45 PM
Al is very knowledgeable so what I'm saying is not intended to conflict with his opinion.

But the PCIII is the stuff, it easily can create custom Maps for your specific mods WHATEVER you have done. Support is tremendous, and they have done all the R&D already in the street bike world. probably one of the best products I have ever used for a quad.

No you can't change the timing (yet) but it is expandable, just overall the best thought out product IMHO, that's why I bought it over the Yosh set ups.

If you know anything about computers, and fuel injection the the PCIII is very easy to use, and can get you where you want to go better than everyone else's products....

That said Bazazz created all the software that thte copy cat products use, so they are way up the food chain as well.

you decide.

but do yourself a favor and don't overlook the PCIII

hdwrench
10-05-2007, 03:25 PM
The very best system would reprogram the stock ecu but that does not exist yet. I own a performance Harley shop and the PC is a great unit, the only draw back is that it is a piggy back unit so it alters the signals from the ecm.

Being that I have used the PC on harleys since they first started making them and have seen the upgrade they make. I think you will see a timing table that will allow you to alter timing .

For a true tune the PC is going to allow you to tailor the fuel curve over a much finer rpm to tps reading through the entire rpm range. That is not the case with the other fulers. They simply blanket areas. For a simple mod they will work but not to the extent that a PC will. As well you will find areas when mapping that will want fuel in one area and with in 250 rpm be rich and you will need to remove some fuel. The simple feulers will not allow that tuning ability.

If you buy a simple afr gauge you could even tune it yourself, I do not own a quad dyno but I have a wide band 02 sensor that I can clip into the rear pipe and data log 30 minutes worth of data and look at afr readings across the rpm band.

This system is easy to use and it also will work in the PC and give you direct numbers to change based on the desired afr readings

TWILES
10-05-2007, 07:35 PM
You guys rule. I've been looking and asking around wanting to hear stuff like this for 2 years. Tell all you know.

blholtz
10-14-2007, 07:23 AM
i know nothing about bazzazz (spelling?), but i do have the pcIIIusb on my Ltr and all that has been said here is absolutlely true.

The other thing about the Power commander is their customer service is great. I had my first pcIII quit working, (shorted out from the pressure washing I think), but I sent it back because it is supposed to be sealed and not harmed by water. They sent me a new one without being able to fully diagnose the problem, just to keep up with customer service and knowing that I was waiting for the return of the unit as this happened in the very start of the race season this year.

The software for the pc is very user friendly, no degree needed to work the program.

05Z400rdr
01-13-2008, 09:57 AM
Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but I need help.

A FI module is one of the last things that I need yet to complete my rebuild, but I am stuck on which one to get. I was originally thinking the PCIII, but after seeing all of these different ones, I don't know which is better to have, both for now and in the long run.
Is it better to have one that utilizes a USB cable, so that you can make adjustments just on the computer, or is better to have one that has buttons right on it so that you can change things while you are out dialing everything in right. I don't have a laptop, either.
Please help in assisting me with some advice. I don't really want the Yoshi either..

Thanks in advance,
Landon

bosshogg1
01-13-2008, 12:10 PM
I HAVE A QUESTION DO I HAVE TO HAVE A PC HOOKED UP TO THE PCIII CAN I HAVE THAT ON MY BIKE WITH OUT THE PC IS THE PCIII THE NEW ONE THAT JUST CAME OUT THE ONE WITH THE SCREEN ON IT

05Z400rdr
01-14-2008, 05:10 PM
Nevermind, I read up more about all of the different one's, and I just got back from ordering the PCIII. Thanks for scanning those pictures and posting them; this is a very helpful thread.

Landon