PDA

View Full Version : Front brake trouble.

Honda4lyphe
09-19-2007, 06:41 PM
Hey, awhile ago a bolt on my irght front caliper went off, so yesterday i put a new bolt in it so it would hold up. So i installed it, put everything back together etc, and tried it out, my brakes were as loose as they can get, only thing it was pulling was the line. So i bled the brakes, it squirted a long stream so i put it back together and i still had no responce.

Today i drained all the brake fluid, and put some new fluid into the lines and refilled it, i bled it some more because nothing was working before. My brake cable is fine, and its getting fluid properly, but im stumped. Id like to get it fixed by friday due to a big ride and i fixed a whole lot of other issues i had but this is the one that has me stumped. I dont have back brakes, the whole entire caliper ripped completly off...which is a whole nother sad sad story. Anyways, any was im going to stop this beast without breaking my ankles is my front brakes so any ideas is greatly appriciated, Thanks!

86 Quad R
09-20-2007, 07:22 AM
have ya done the usual bleeding process on them? sounds as tho ya may have air in the lines.

Honda4lyphe
09-20-2007, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by 86 Quad R
have ya done the usual bleeding process on them? sounds as tho ya may have air in the lines.

Yessir, 3 times. Did it till the right amount of fluid is supposed to come out the end.

86 Quad R
09-20-2007, 02:47 PM
did ya bleed the banjo up at the master cylinder?

Honda4lyphe
09-20-2007, 07:01 PM
Yes, turns out i had some sand in my lines so i got them vaccumed and replaced today. Thanks for the help though!