PDA

View Full Version : jet kit would fix???

jonridesz400
09-19-2007, 04:45 PM
alright well i just got my quad back yesterday afternoon from the shop after i bought it two months ago lol anyway it is back firing going down hill and when i let it wind down on the street.

i found if i pep the gas while going down it will not backfire but if it backfires to much it will stall.

i think the guy i bought the quad from by the way lives about 20 houses down on my street (coincidence) took the upgraded jet out and put the stock jet back in before selling it to a motorcycle shop and i bought it 4 days after.

keep in mind this has a k/n air filter and a slip on exhaust. i was just out on it and it def. feels like the jet kit to me but what do i know... so how much would it be to buy a new kit for it??? and any other ideas on what it could possibly be???

That400exGuy
09-19-2007, 05:53 PM
yeah most likely sounds like the jetting.. buy keinhin jets or dynojets..

[jetsrus.com] or

[dynojet.com]

drzoo2
09-19-2007, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by That400exGuy
yeah most likely sounds like the jetting.. buy keinhin jets or dynojets..

[jetsrus.com] or

[dynojet.com]

Why would you use keinhin jets in a Mikuni carb? I'm not sure they would even fit.

anyway......

Your pilot is too lean. Add a 1/8 turn to the fuel screw until the popping on decel goes away. If you end up with more than three turns total you need to bump up your pilot. How many turns are on the fuel screw now and what pilot is in there? Your airbox lid on or off?

z

jonridesz400
09-21-2007, 06:07 PM
first my airbox lid is on... its definetely my fuel screw because i just put a stock pipe on that my freind had lying around from his 07 se z400 and it is still popping a little bit and idle a little better but still popping a bit. it has no turns on the fuel screw that i know of im pretty sure its stock setting and drz400 can you post pictures on where the dam fuel screw is i cant find it and i heard i have to drill something what happened to the old school carbs with the screw on the outside? also the pilot is stock. and i have a k/n air filter.

sry for the mutliple posts my internet sucks balls

jonridesz400
09-22-2007, 03:14 PM
is it the center flat head screw its goldish and sticks out farther than the three next to it at the bottom of carb??? if so which way do i turn it?

quad97
09-25-2007, 04:33 PM
if you look at the underside of the carb it is on the engine side of the carb in front of the float bowl. there may be a brass plug covering the screw, if so drill a small hole in the plug, take a wood screw and start it into the brass so it bites good and pull it out with a vise grip. the fuel screw takes a flat blade and adjustments should be made in 1/8 inch increments, counterclockwise adds fuel and counterclockwise decreased fuel. Sound like you are a bit lean so turn it out. If this doesn't help I would clean your pilot jet-you would be surprised what you find in carbs!

jonridesz400
09-25-2007, 07:11 PM
lol thanks i believe u i found lint from denim jeans in my dirt bike jet one time... but ya i found it and drilled out the small block and its running a little bit better. thanks for the help i couldnt find the thing and i didnt want to go drilling away at my carb u know?