PDA

View Full Version : Stock jets

kraemer
09-19-2007, 04:15 PM
I am putting a stock exhaust back on my bike. My bike had a R4 when i bought it. what jets do I need to run for the stock pipe?

Thanks

2004exrider
09-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Keihin 148 hex jet, considering that was the only engine modification.

Jimmy

kraemer
09-20-2007, 02:31 PM
wheres the easiest place to get one? a looked at jet kits, but they seemed like they only had ones higher than stock which would make sense.

Colby@C&DRacing
09-20-2007, 02:44 PM
we sell main jets for $3.75

kraemer
10-04-2007, 03:45 PM
is there any intake mods I could do to keep the same jetting but run the stock pipe? or should i just change the jetting back to stock and keep the stock filter set up, I ride in some dusty areas, but I hate changing something just to accomadate something else

Thanks guys

kawiefan
10-04-2007, 06:54 PM
why would u wanna put the stocker on

kraemer
10-08-2007, 04:05 PM
b/c 98 DB is way too loud to ride hard in areas close to houses, I Ride on 30 acres that is not mine, and i don't want to lose the area I ride on...

and also b/c: www.rideinharford.org

kraemer
10-16-2007, 03:11 PM
got my stock pipe on, adjusted pilot screw out but i think i am getting to much fuel, I have a little bit of a cloud behind me when i bounce the rev limiter at a stand still, but nothing noticeable while moving...

I have a stock pipe on now. I will be running a Modquad Air Flow System with K&N Filter, what jet should I run?

oh and if it matters i'm ordering a curtis sparks advance key too..

my spark plug is clean right now running with the stock pipe/ stock filter w/ air box lid removed, but i still get that puff behind me, it never did that with R4 on it....its not smoke it looks like fuel evaporation, I think if it was something in the pipe it would have burned out by now?

Please help