PDA

View Full Version : XC racing ?'s

450Rfutureracer
09-19-2007, 03:33 PM
Well im goin to start racing xc this coming march and i was jus wondering wat i need the most. im on a tight budget no suspension mods jus stuff that will keep it going to the next race. mods in sig thanks

the Z Man
09-19-2007, 04:56 PM
First, I would not run the K and N but a uni or even stock filter, you wil probably need a kill switch, Pro Design has a good one.
definitely get a steering stabilizer, you want one that is rebuildable, also an xc rear shock link would help tremendously, they lower your ride height.
I like to use the fat Oury grips, they seem to cut down on vibration thus less arm pump.
I hope this helps and good luck!!
www.bobziebell41.com

pro-rider46
09-19-2007, 05:48 PM
youll be fine with a kandN. i would highly recomend. full skid plates. kill switch, and i would seriously look into getting suspension rebuilds, yes they are a little pricey, bout 700 for full front and rear, but its really cheap compared to the shocks you can buy that are aftermarket. and maybe a set off bars.

the Z Man
09-20-2007, 09:15 AM
I believe he already has bars, I have been racing XC for 5 years, I would not run the K and N.. jmo. :D

lghickman21
09-20-2007, 09:16 AM
The skids like they said are almost a must, at least an aluminum swinger skid. You will probably need a tethered kill switch depending on where you are racing. You may want to try to find you a little lighter rear tire. The HD's are nice to have if it is really muddy but kind of slow you down if you don't need them. Other than that i would get a good set of goggles, a chest protector, some good glove, start drinking a lot of water, and hang on.
Have fun!

gnccguy
09-20-2007, 02:01 PM
skids and a kill switch is a must never had a prob with k&n run them in gncc sense 04 i lost my belly skid in somerset the mountain ridge and dented my frame. you will also b thank full for soft grips and a set of bike shorts lol. u can look at my mod list

oldracer
09-22-2007, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by gnccguy
skids and a kill switch is a must never had a prob with k&n run them in gncc sense 04 i lost my belly skid in somerset the mountain ridge and dented my frame. you will also b thank full for soft grips and a set of bike shorts lol. u can look at my mod list

and a big bottle of baby powder.
for the shorts and the gloves:D

tfuchs
09-22-2007, 10:52 AM
You got that right Oldracer

U bringin it to the 6 hour or do I need to remember it. LOL

oldracer
09-22-2007, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by tfuchs
You got that right Oldracer

U bringin it to the 6 hour or do I need to remember it. LOL

it's already in the gear bag.

national425ex
09-22-2007, 08:12 PM
whats the baby powder used for

oldracer
09-22-2007, 09:05 PM
baby powder prevents monkey butt
and on your hands and in your gloves helps prevent blisters.

just ask fuchs it works

450rJam
09-23-2007, 06:51 AM
there is actually a powder called monkey butt

a buddy breaks horses and swears by it