PDA

View Full Version : duncan racing graphics ?

casey_lamm
09-19-2007, 02:45 PM
Anyone have a pic of there bike with duncan racing graphics and seat. The one on their website doesn't quite give the detail im looking for.

How do you like the kit?
Does it hold up?

How is the seat cover?

How hard is the seat cover and the graphics to install.

afterhours
09-20-2007, 06:50 AM
there is one on my 400 but i think it is an older kit. it was on there when i got it.

casey_lamm
09-20-2007, 09:45 AM
not bad...i got the red one... im hoping the seat isnt too difficult to put on. I may take it to a pro if It doesn't go on easy. I have seen some pretty crappy seat cover self installs.

Originally posted by afterhours
there is one on my 400 but i think it is an older kit. it was on there when i got it.

svahle
09-20-2007, 11:59 AM
Installing a seat cover is easy. The poor installs are usually because intaller was in too big of a hurry. Here is the method I use after the old seat cover is removed. It is best to work with the cover when it is warm and flexible. Just put it out in the sun for a bit. Also, some will say you need an electric staple gun. I just use a Stanley hand powered staple gun with 1/4 inch staples. Just press down firmly when firing a staple.

1. Hook the seat cover over the front of the seat.
2. Stretch the seat cover over the remainder of the seat
3. Staple the seat cover at the back of the seat using a few staples. Put a staple in the middle of the back and the left and right rear. These will probably be removed in step #5
4. Go back to the front of the seat and begin stretching and stapling the seat cover around the front and down the sides. Make sure you keep the cover centered on the seat. Also, work slowly and put your staples close together. I staple about every 1/2 inch
5. When you have worked your way to the rear of the seat you will probably have some slack in the cover. So, pull the staples out at the rear of the seat (the staples from step #3)
6. Stretch the rear of the cover over the rear of the seat and put the final staples in.
7. Now go back an trim the excess cover off so it doesn't bunch up under the seat. Don't trim too close to the staples or they will pull out. I usually leave around 3/4 of an inch of the cover.

Follow these instructions and take your time and you will have a nice looking seat cover that doesn't have wrinkles and slack in it.

Good luck.

That400exGuy
09-21-2007, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by afterhours

whoa i never saw a quad pipe that small!!

97WarriorRider
09-21-2007, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by That400exGuy
whoa i never saw a quad pipe that small!!
That pipe has been cut to be made into a shorty

That400exGuy
09-21-2007, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by 97WarriorRider
That pipe has been cut to be made into a shorty

whats it do when you make it short like that?

my88r
09-21-2007, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by That400exGuy
whats it do when you make it short like that?

makes it extremely loud . helps on the top end power but not by much.

casey_lamm
09-21-2007, 09:10 PM
well i got all the graphics on...

having trouble with the cover.

I cant get the staples to go through...

what kind of gun do you use???

Im using a normal T50 staple gun and its just not working...

any ideas?

also...there isnt a black thing to staple down on the sides towards the back...what do you do there.

Originally posted by svahle
Installing a seat cover is easy. The poor installs are usually because intaller was in too big of a hurry. Here is the method I use after the old seat cover is removed. It is best to work with the cover when it is warm and flexible. Just put it out in the sun for a bit. Also, some will say you need an electric staple gun. I just use a Stanley hand powered staple gun with 1/4 inch staples. Just press down firmly when firing a staple.

1. Hook the seat cover over the front of the seat.
2. Stretch the seat cover over the remainder of the seat
3. Staple the seat cover at the back of the seat using a few staples. Put a staple in the middle of the back and the left and right rear. These will probably be removed in step #5
4. Go back to the front of the seat and begin stretching and stapling the seat cover around the front and down the sides. Make sure you keep the cover centered on the seat. Also, work slowly and put your staples close together. I staple about every 1/2 inch
5. When you have worked your way to the rear of the seat you will probably have some slack in the cover. So, pull the staples out at the rear of the seat (the staples from step #3)
6. Stretch the rear of the cover over the rear of the seat and put the final staples in.
7. Now go back an trim the excess cover off so it doesn't bunch up under the seat. Don't trim too close to the staples or they will pull out. I usually leave around 3/4 of an inch of the cover.

Follow these instructions and take your time and you will have a nice looking seat cover that doesn't have wrinkles and slack in it.

Good luck.

my88r
09-21-2007, 09:15 PM
i use a craftsmen with the reverse handle. could never get the staples through with a regular gun.

QUOTE]Originally posted by casey_lamm

any ideas?

also...there isnt a black thing to staple down on the sides towards the back...what do you do there. [/QUOTE] :macho

casey_lamm
09-21-2007, 09:19 PM
is there a link so I can know what im looking for...

also any advise on the last part of my delima...with the red plastic area...does that stretch over as well?

Originally posted by my88r
i use a craftsmen with the reverse handle. could never get the staples through with a regular gun.

QUOTE]Originally posted by casey_lamm

any ideas?

also...there isnt a black thing to staple down on the sides towards the back...what do you do there. :macho [/QUOTE]

svahle
09-21-2007, 11:22 PM
I returned your PM.

Yes the plastic part will wrap under as well. This part doesn't really "stretch" but it should wrap under the seat and staple underneath like the rest.