PDA

View Full Version : Joe Byrd Riding School in Florida for Mini Quad Riders

bulldogfallon
09-19-2007, 01:08 PM
Who would be interested in this?

Sometime before Christmas?

2 Day event....Possibly 2 sets of classes if needed...

Joe spends time with the kids and lets them ride...not just tells them how to do it!!

For Mini quad riders!!

Let's invest in our kids riding ability instead of just making the quads fast....make our kids fast too!!

Limited space would be available...

Anyone interested?

Sponsors inquires welcome....

Nichols Atvs
09-19-2007, 03:12 PM
I would have been Interested but to far for me. Maybe if he can come north towards middle of the country

riding4fun
09-19-2007, 04:24 PM
You East coast people get everything!!:rolleyes:

kenjolly
09-19-2007, 04:58 PM
Just call it a vacation, when are you going to get the chance to learn and ride with Joe Bird. You can count me in.

Nichols Atvs
09-19-2007, 07:13 PM
Darrel you just need to move to the east its to hot out there anyway And i wont have to keep sending you mud for your sand piles . Did you race this week end. pm me The Byrd man is awesome though. My boy watches his video on atv scene once a week.

sldhd700
09-19-2007, 07:28 PM
No kidding the East Coast guys get every thing! I would love to have Shayden go to one of these schools. How would we get his bike there? Great idea why doesn t the East Coast sponsor the kids on the West Coast with a couple of bikes to ride at this school. Darrel what do you think?

I know like I heard in an old western when I was a kid.

Life is rough in the West

Shayden Housley #39

bulldogfallon
09-19-2007, 07:40 PM
If you get here I will provide the bikes to ride....

You can also stay in one of our RVs

So I'll pencil you in?

kenjolly
09-19-2007, 07:58 PM
I have a extra drx 70 if someone comes without one, and ill bring the rv too.

Andyman17dad
09-19-2007, 08:58 PM
Is that offer open to "northerners" too??!!

bulldogfallon
09-19-2007, 09:09 PM
Not to Apex owners!! Ha ha

NEATV guys have to were handcuffs and shackles for safety purposes

QuadJunkies
09-19-2007, 11:31 PM
Byrd was just on the West Coast last week in Washington!
Wish we could have gone :(
I thought I read somewhere that he will be in Montana too ?
So a CVT mini can attend his class also?
Ive only known of Shifters.
VERY COOL!:cool:

mxdad
09-20-2007, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by Nichols Atvs
I would have been Interested but to far for me. Maybe if he can come north towards middle of the country

Andyman17dad
09-20-2007, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by bulldogfallon
Not to Apex owners!! Ha ha

NEATV guys have to were handcuffs and shackles for safety purposes

Hey, I own more DRR's than Apex's, does that count?! I even just got the yellow plastic back from last years 50. (sentiMENTAL value)

Handcuffs and shackles... your giving away our secrets (that's how we hold the kids on the bikes!)

ecmini1
09-20-2007, 05:41 AM
Is there a set time , yet this would be cool.

Like Gary stated If you can get here we can find minis to ride.

I know some guys who have gone to his school and learned a ton form him infact in the photos from the class I seen 2 minis there. He love to work with the kids.

hotquads1
09-20-2007, 06:26 AM
sounds good , Did Joe mention how old he thought a kid should be to benefit and retain from his instruction? I definatly want my kid to attend a riding school, but at 6 he may be a little young , I am sure some 6 year olds are different ,but mine has a very limited attention span. But let me know what Joe thinks.
marc

bulldogfallon
09-20-2007, 06:31 AM
OK....If this is going to happen I will need serious commitments and an idea of when would be best?

Week before Thanksgiving or maybe the week after Christmas?

We want to make sure everyone gets a prize from the raffle, t shirt, plaques etc

There may even be a quad given away (MAYBE)

Even tinkering around with the idea of having it video taped?

I'll work on the pricing andIf I can make it cheaper I will..this will be a no profit event for us....If sponsors step up then that will reduce the costs of the attendees....hint hint

I am sure RVs will be in abundance so we can lock you into a bed

There are hotels close by if needed.....

Joe would be staying out at the track with us doing the BBQ thing as well..

Maybe we can get all the dads to race the minis against Joe?

How about an open practice/fun race at night?

It will take a lot of work and support from all involved, but if you guys really are serious let me know so I can push forward with this event.

Please let me know either way...

drr5
09-20-2007, 07:11 AM
gary as we discussed last night we are in pencil 2 for sure with me , i think this is a great idea for the kids i know people have there opinions about training, but anything that helps the kids ride better im for it.

ecmini1
09-20-2007, 07:49 AM
Being around the holidays We need to know a date, but as you know were in if the date fits.

Cant have enough training for the future riders.

bulldogfallon
09-20-2007, 07:54 AM
Give me some good dates

You guys will be part of this....It will be "our" event :)

I know how much you guys enjoy volunteering your time

Week after X-Mas?

Week of Thanksgiving?

Just any ole weekend or one of the above during the week?

Weekend training may cost more (for the track cost)

kenjolly
09-20-2007, 07:55 AM
I think the SSQSA starts the weekend before turkey day.

drr5
09-20-2007, 08:15 AM
my 2 cent, week after christmas or weekend its a very neutral time no racing going on.

bulldogfallon
09-20-2007, 01:01 PM
How does Dec 27-28 sound?

jetski_dawg
09-20-2007, 01:36 PM
after christmas is good.. after the first of the year even better since i will have vacation time again

Andyman17dad
09-20-2007, 01:42 PM
Expensive time of year for flying, might have to try to get a "caravan" up and drive.

Rcarroll
09-20-2007, 06:09 PM
The week after Christmas would be better for us.

hotquads1
09-21-2007, 08:44 AM
Here is the man , himself . I took this pic as Joe was asking my son for his autograph .lol My son thinks he is great .
marc

ikuzus450
09-21-2007, 08:29 PM
hey count my son devan in whenever will be fine. i can't belive the time and effort that the DRR nation put back to the sport. Gary is awsome with all the late night calls and tech support. thanks gary.

hotquads1
09-22-2007, 10:19 AM
gary,
do you think the scool and DRR weekend could be combined at the same place and same location? might be bigger turnout. I dont think we can swing both in the same 30 day period . If not I will just let my wife choose. I know its not a problem for you florida guys cause everyday is vacation for you wealthy beach dwellers !LOL
marc

backinsaddle
09-24-2007, 09:31 AM
Gary, I'm very interested depending on timing/cash...both my boys...on another note, glad I found this forum....

ecmini1
09-24-2007, 07:41 PM
Well hello there Mr. saddle:D

bulldogfallon
09-24-2007, 09:57 PM
Most of the attendees will be from the local area so the GA idea is not going to work..even though it is a great idea.

We are going to depend on local sponsors to help lower the price of the class, so that is another reason to keep it in Central FL.

I think meeting at the regional National Race in AL would be a really good idea....

drr5
09-25-2007, 06:38 AM
wealthy beach dwellers my hind foot,you must have never been to central fl no beach in sight.:blah:

Rcarroll
10-07-2007, 09:06 AM
Anymore info on a date?