PDA

View Full Version : Good riding boots

MX450
09-18-2007, 10:53 PM
Ive got a pair of thor quadrants ive had about a year or so, i was riding the other day and i landed a jump a little sideways and my right foot slid back on the peg causing my leg to slam foward towards my foot, it hurt, and then it wore off abit and i did the same thing again, now the top of my foot is sore, my question is should my boots flex enough to let that happen or do i need a better set of boots?

also, ive had a couple hard/sidways landings that slammed my wrists and now my right wrist has been sore about a month, is there any kind of brace or something to prevent that or is that just mx?

400exrider707
09-19-2007, 08:04 AM
For the past two seasons I've been running an old set of alpinestars that I bought off a buddy for $20. They are heavily used and well worn, but were still much better than work boots. I have been looking at getting a set of boots for a while but could never bring myself to spend the $300+ on a decent set. Well motosport outlet was having a great sale recently... I picked up a pair of Berik boots. Normally $325, on sale for $130!!!! Yep almost $200 off! Well I got these boots in and tried them on and holy heck there is so much more support in these boots than my old alpinestars. They weigh almost 3x's as much as my alpinestars did. I find it harder to find my rear brake pedal and my shifter now because I really cant feel anything through them yet. I think they will get a little better as they break in, but now I feel totally confident that even if I had my foot sucked under the rear tire, it would be totally fine. I am thouroughly happy with my new purchase.:cool:

250r4life
09-19-2007, 10:28 AM
yah... your foot may be fine, but that doesnt mean it wont tweak something else like your knee

FasstMidnightZ
09-19-2007, 10:53 AM
I have a pair of Oneal's that I like a lot!

Boots protect a lot!! Last Monday I crashed and broke my Pelvis as me and the bike collided w/ a tree and my right leg smashed against the tree. I probably would have broke my ankle or leg if it wasn't for the support and stability the boots provide. They don't protect your hip though..damn them! :p

That400exGuy
09-19-2007, 07:33 PM
i got the same boots but i havent had any problems

400exrider707
09-20-2007, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by 250r4life
yah... your foot may be fine, but that doesnt mean it wont tweak something else like your knee

Agreed, which is why I still use heel guards!:cool:

<DRS>GPF
09-21-2007, 05:58 AM
me and a buddy were riding down at Dugger IN, just after it re-opened.
we got into some bottoms and needed to crawl up some complicated hills.. you know, the kind that has a couple of stops along the way...

anyway, i was trying to blaze a new path and needed to stop midway to turn the quad about a full 90.
i let it roll back to get more run at the next leg an my left rear went into a washout coverd by leaves.. it was like a friggin tiger trap..
it brought the front end up, i bailed right, but the quad teetered and came with me, we rolled over and slid about 10ft then hit a tree at the waist. i remember looking up, and "thinking shut the gas off dumb@%#"..
the quad was centered on the tree with the right peg jammed into my boot. without my boots, it wouldve crushed my ankle, im dead positive..
i was trapped with the weight of the quad on me and i couldnt get my right boot free to take the weight of the quad off me.. i was stuck..

my good friend once more to my rescue and was able to get the quad away from the tree and my boot..

dont ride alone, wear proper gear and just go limp..