PDA

View Full Version : Q on redesign swinger...Bulldog

forgiven
09-18-2007, 09:23 PM
Inspecting the quads for the trip we leave on Thursday morning I seen the boy had lost the chain tensioner. I had thought if it broke or something I would go with the Hetricks. Now since the swingarm is getting redesigned is there any chance that aftermarket chain roller of working? I hope there isn't any problems besides having to tension more often by running without it since I couldn't even get it overnighted at this point. Are the skid plates etc going to work on the new one? Is the design complete and now awaiting overseas production?

Thanks

bulldogfallon
09-18-2007, 09:53 PM
I have a prototype on a local riders quad and so far so good

If they rush out with a design and it doesn't fix the problem then it will be a big waste of time and money.

Replacing all these bent swingarms has already cost everyone involved a ton of time and money.

I got the swinger in and out the same day and didn't even take the time to look at the effect it would have on the tensioner.

Dusty at Cheater Motorsports installed it, so maybe he can post some more definitive info on it

forgiven
09-18-2007, 10:01 PM
I am not trying to rush anyone...just asking. Just trying to figure what direction to go in.

Thanks

hotquads1
09-19-2007, 09:04 AM
Forgiven,
the chain tensioner on the drx should be upgraded for best results. Most aftermarket tensioners will require drilling a hole to mount ,but this gives you some control as to where you would like it. adding a tab or using an existing tab is also an option. here is a pic of our MACH 1 race tensioner.
marc

bulldogfallon
09-19-2007, 09:06 AM
That is the tensioner we recomend as well...

Nice quality

tireman43
09-19-2007, 10:20 AM
I'm not trying to step on toes here, but would like to add that the chain tensioner is the same no matter where it comes from. All look and work the same just different $. I also agree with upgrading. We have one from Hetrick, a friend bought one from West Coast Quads and another friend though a different supplier. Mine was the most expensive and it's the same. Just my 2 cents.

cheatermtrsprts
09-19-2007, 12:18 PM
The new swingarm is rectangular tubing instead of the round tubing. It also has a nice gusset on the shock mount. It has been abused and tested. So far there are no problems to report on the swinger. As far as the chain tensioner, it uses the factory DRR roller. Most of those hold up well. Some people just like the extra comfort of the heavy duty ones like Marc or Gary sells.

forgiven
09-19-2007, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the update! Now I can buy more stuff from Marc.