PDA

View Full Version : ATTN Computer Geniouses: Help me wit my CD BURNER!!

own2424
10-31-2002, 03:38 PM
Hey, I severely need help for my cd writer. Its an Acer IDE cd burner. I am getting SO MANY errors left and right! These are just some of the main errors i get:
Buffer Underrun
Unspecified Error
SCSI Failure..
Lemme Know if you guys can help me out wit this...THANKS! :D

Striker49
10-31-2002, 03:40 PM
Buy a new burner that comes with Roxio EZ CD Creator 5...hehehe.

Cant help ya otherwise though dude, sorry.

own2424
10-31-2002, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Striker49
Buy a new burner that comes with Roxio EZ CD Creator 5...hehehe.

Cant help ya otherwise though dude, sorry. I have EZ CD CReator 5, its the biggest bunch of CRAP that Ive ever seen, I always get errors with it! :mad:

Striker49
10-31-2002, 03:46 PM
Hmm....if you have a disk that came with the burner try re-installing the software...that may correct your problem. I currently use Roxio and have had no problems yet. :confused:

Rip_Tear
10-31-2002, 04:08 PM
There are many things that can go wrong with burning... and its software.

Your CD might be screwed (Dont cheap out on CD's unless you have to"
If you want really good burning software, buy Blindwrite(Best known to me)
Try removing the software, and do a fresh install.
It might just be what your trying to burn, Games and other software have protection so you can't burn it unless your skilled....
Hope that helped! If you continue to have problems, PM me and I will ask my Bro for you. He is a super techy!

Rastus
10-31-2002, 04:12 PM
Try finding the most current software/drivers for your burner.

Uninstall the old stuff completely, and make sure there isn't anything left.

Then, Install the new drivers/ Software to the correct directories.

If that doesn't work, then it's either computer settings,or the burner.

Like he said, it would also depend on what your trying to burn.

own2424
10-31-2002, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the replies...Yea, I am going to give it a shot and uninstall it from my computer then reinstall the burner!!! I am so pissed that this thing always makes errors!

sly400ex
10-31-2002, 04:41 PM
What OS do you have? Try reinstalling the most current drivers and use NERO for your burning needs. Awesome S/w!!!!:D

own2424
10-31-2002, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by sly400ex
What OS do you have? Try reinstalling the most current drivers and use NERO for your burning needs. Awesome S/w!!!!:D Windows 98...I got enough memory...20Gig hard drive, and 256MB ram!

Zuki
10-31-2002, 05:04 PM
Does the burner have 2mb 4mb or 8mb buffer (internal). You shouldnt cheap out on your burner either. Personally i wont buy anything but Yamaha or Plextor. These seem to be the two who dont incorporate any type of "hidden" bs to try and thwart duplication of music and pirate-warez. Check and make sure you have the up-to-date drivers as previously stated. Reinstall the newest drivers as well. And check the internal buffer and buffer underrun protection. These details are paramount to your burning needs.