PDA

View Full Version : Sparks exhaust review.

RAFI
09-18-2007, 07:00 AM
I need some of your opinions on the Sparks exhaust Full system
for a 2006 450r.
Cuz I've been thinkin bout going either Sparks or HMF Ironman series.
Thanks in advance.

400exrider0004
09-18-2007, 10:50 AM
I have the full ceramic coated big core system. It was pricey but worth it. It gave huge torque down low. I would recomend it.

RAFI
09-18-2007, 11:27 AM
Is there a big difference between the creamic coated and the regular one?
or just the looks?

pro-rider46
09-18-2007, 01:11 PM
i have heard of the ceramic ones actually have less horsepower, but only like .5 horsepower, and you will not even notice that much of a differece. if you have the money and like the ceramic i would by it, it looks so much better. i have just a regular sparks on mine and i LOVE it, you will notice a big difference, i dont have actual numbers but it really makes a diffence, oh and sparks is better then hmf. here it is in order from least to best, hmf, sparks, rossier, then dasa, check some of those out,

RAFI
09-18-2007, 01:37 PM
Yeah I'll check some of those thanks!

09-18-2007, 02:17 PM
ceramic coating is used to disapate heat better or make something run cooler.

pro-rider46
09-18-2007, 05:03 PM
yeah ceramic coating is supposed to but i have heard that the sparks ceramic coating hurts horsepower, but thats what i have heard.

hendershot106
09-18-2007, 07:53 PM
the sparks is a great system on the 06 i love my full system === i have had the hrc header w/ hmf slip on that was almost as good to me as the full sparks system-- however i have also had a full white bros carbon pro 2 system on in the last year-- out of all of them- the sparks is tops to me--

jason_david1
09-19-2007, 08:02 AM
i like my sparks. i have the big core. i was going to get a rossier or dasa but i found a dyno graph and the sparks made just as much hp.

250r4life
09-19-2007, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by pro-rider46
here it is in order from least to best, hmf, sparks, rossier, then dasa, check some of those out,

any factual data to show this? can you back it up in any way besides your opinion? or are you one of those guys sandman directs his posts to cuz you go off shouting out stuff as facts with no backing whatsoever?

400exrider707
09-19-2007, 10:58 AM
Anyone who has read any of the numerous dyno results posted around knows that the order pro-rider46 posted is in fact correct. The Dasa, Rossier, and Sparks are all VERY close together though, probably close enough that no one would ever notice.

Ceramic holds heat. It would hold more heat in the pipe, helping to scavenge exhaust gasses faster. Plus it looks cooler!:cool:

Sjorge450R
09-19-2007, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Anyone who has read any of the numerous dyno results posted around knows that the order pro-rider46 posted is in fact correct. The Dasa, Rossier, and Sparks are all VERY close together though, probably close enough that no one would ever notice.

Ceramic holds heat. It would hold more heat in the pipe, helping to scavenge exhaust gasses faster. Plus it looks cooler!:cool:

i second that order of pipes. Its really close on HP but I would get a Rossier all over again if i needed a new pipe. $400 compared to $500 or more for the others...... you do the math.

pro-rider46
09-19-2007, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707

thanks for backing me up on that, i dont have dyno sheets to prove it, i dont have a dyno or the cash to get all the tests and exhause, im only 14. but i have seen LOTS of dyno runs proving this. you dont have to be a rocket scienctist to figure out the order of pipes. just search and you will find dyno results

pro-rider46
09-19-2007, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
i second that order of pipes. Its really close on HP but I would get a Rossier all over again if i needed a new pipe. $400 compared to $500 or more for the others...... you do the math.

and i agree with ya. i would get a rossier, but i bought my sparks used fo 250 bucks, and looks like its brand new.