PDA

View Full Version : 250r

AtvRider21
10-31-2002, 12:59 PM
I need a more powerful quad and i wanted to know if i get a used 250r and put a pipe, silencer, new reeds, k and n filter, and 1 tooth bigger front sprocket will i be able to beat stock banshees and what gear will it be able to wheelie in with no clutch use. will i also have more speed than a banshee cus it pissed me off when the banshee easily beat my 400ex thanks

NTPRacing#19
10-31-2002, 01:46 PM
ok my buddy NTPRacing22 has a 250r and that thing is balls to wALL! so fast but it can barely wheelie cause when that thing catches powerband those tires spin and dont get enough grip to hook up real good. but shiit i bet it will beat a stock banshee. it also depends on how the quad is setup. NTP22's 250r also has a slight bore and ports and polishe and reeds and 110 octane and pipe and silencer on it. many other motor mods too. THey are fast!

Bean
10-31-2002, 03:38 PM
really, an R and wheelie isnt 2 to go togather, it can be done, its jus harder than a Ex

10-31-2002, 07:18 PM
Yea but there is so many things you need to do check out on a R before you buy it, or it will be junk, look at frame and ask about the motor, and dirve it quite a bit, let out the cluctch hard pop it in gears quick, rev it up high and if it souns good and goes good, and wheelies pretty easy ur prolly set, cuz prolly a good top and bottom and if its grabbin good you got nice clutch plates and a tyte cluch basket. so thats good, ask him how often he chnaged motor oil, when the alst time he did this and that, etc.post a thread "what to look for on a 250r"

ESR250R
10-31-2002, 09:39 PM
also when u fire up the quad, let the clutch slip and see if it is a smooth clutch slip or if it is catchey. i was at a race a few months ago and i hadent ridden my quad in a while and when i was sitting at the gates i started to let out my clutch and suddenly it grabed and i moved forward into the gate. well my buddy was right next to me so we had to push our quads back and continue the race. all was good though because i went from last to take first and he went from last to take 2nd and we both moved to the main. on the drag racing part i have raced numerous banshee's and before i got my cylinder ported i would smoke a stock banshee and beat alot of piped ones (depended on rider ability and condition of the shee). now that i got porting done i think i am quite a bit faster in accleration but i have yet to go to attica or silverlake to find out how i do against shee's with my porting.

btw i can only wheelie in 3rd gear (no clutch or pulling up incredibly hard) once i get a 89 swingarm on there it will most likely be 4th gear.

SandTrix
11-01-2002, 09:33 AM
I can wheely in 5th gear by just a slight pull on the handlebars with a +7" longer swingarm, lol. What im getting at is your question is pretty weak. Not all Rs are created equal, lol. 350cc on alky seems to wheely at just about any pace.