PDA

View Full Version : Number Plates

Evan
10-30-2001, 04:42 PM
What is the diferrence between background colors of number plates. Also how many number plates do you have to have visable. Are you required to cover up your headlights. I have seen some 400EX 's with a hood scoop where did they get their plastic. I know where they got their hood scoop. Are there any tricker things to do with your labels. Thanks
Any body race at Rolling Hills Cycle Park in Reidsville NC.

400exJOE
10-30-2001, 07:29 PM
I dont race but I think 3 numbers must show, lights need to be covered or removed, and the plastic might be cut to fit a 250r hood.

400exRacerX
10-30-2001, 08:14 PM
I'm guessing your racing mx right? well in mx you need FOUR number plates visible and the headlights covered. In my class i need white back rounds. You need a plate on the front of the quad, both rear fenders, and one hanging from the grab bar.

Lasher
10-31-2001, 09:22 AM
Off the top of my head here are the ones that we required (but not enforced) in the New England MX series.

Blue background is for Pros
White background is for Experts
Yellow background is for Ametuer
Black background is for Novice

I believe this is the same as the GNC series. I know that Pros in the GNC use blue, but not sure on the other classes.

Tommy 17
10-31-2001, 02:22 PM
here we need 2 plates my friend raced wit just his rear fenders having number. they give u 3 races to cover u head lights or take them off.

11-29-2001, 12:31 PM
most racing requires you to get side numbers and one for the rear...

also, it is against AMA rules to run headlights...

the hood scoops you see are for 250r's and people just cut them and put them on...

i make and sell number plates.. let me know if you need them.. .custom made to order...

email for details

racing@socalquadracing.com

11-29-2001, 01:55 PM
So mudspot you one of the socal guys huh,,,with Kory and Arron??

Mity Mo
11-30-2001, 03:33 PM
If you want to know the complete lists of rules governing ATV racing goto www.atvaonline.com to get all the rules needed for competition. This is the holy land for the rules on ATVs no other rules will comply.

12-01-2001, 07:23 PM
Well as far as GNCC goes, the bg colors represent wether your a pro, A rider, B rider, or C rider. Pro is Red, A is white, B is yellow, C is black. Anyways, In GNCC you dont have to remove your headlights unless your in the Pro Class (Im pretty sure thats right.)

chris29
12-23-2001, 06:20 PM
You only have to have two numbers plates. One on you front bumber and the other in the back. Anywhere else is your choice. If you race AMA you plates have to be black or white. Or if your pro it has to be blue.

hetrick425ex
01-04-2002, 06:26 AM
i was lookin at the district 5 ama book they say 5!!!! numbers must be displayed holly god!
one on back of helmet or jersey
Rear Vertical
2 on Rear Fenders
one on front either on bumper or front plastic!!!
thats alot
well i guess i have 6 ! hahah nevermind:)
and i believe the only riders they care about is pro the rest can have black or white!