PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Raptor 700 problems? What do you guys think of them?

cool 300ex
09-17-2007, 01:14 PM
Well it has come down to the 450R and the Raptor 700 because i can get good deals on both of them used. Right now i am just asking about the Raptor 700 so don't start a bash fest. I rode my friends when it was all stock and it was like a slug compared to my yfz at the time with a full sparks pipe, jetted, k&n, lid off and the Cam mod. I just rode it yesterday with a HMF slip on and a uni air filter. It seems like it runs alot better but maybe still not as good as my old yfz. I have heard the Raptors are like the yfz's kinda lazy till you do some basic bolt ons. I know that have tons of top end but my question is if i do a power commender, full system pipe, k&n, and maybe a cam. Do you guys think i would be happy with the power? Would it be like my yfz or better? How do the 700's jump? I am looking at one for probley trail riding but down the road i might start hitting up some MX tracks for fun and maybe do some drag racing.

yAmAhA-rIdEr155
09-17-2007, 05:36 PM
450r is good with everything but trails, depending on what you do the most, is what you should base it on.

cjkranz
09-18-2007, 11:41 AM
You can run the 450R in the trails as well. If you ever plan on racing MX though, I would lean towards the 450R.. The power on the Raptor is very different from the YFZ (apples vs oranges). The raptor has a ton of torque and low end (which makes it great on trails) vs the YFZ which runs best at higher RPMs. The raptor will fall off around 6500 RPM...

MoRaptor02
09-25-2007, 06:53 PM
Cool I have an 06 with LTE Duals, Proflow/Foam, PCIII, CP 11:1 piston and a Stage II hotcam. This thing is amazing I ride a lot of trails and creek beds, Hill climbing and the Raptor is made for everything I do. It has tons of torque and its one hell of a hill climber. Im happy with my Raptor. I have ridden plenty of 450r's and have only been impressed with 1. It was set up for TT racing and had around 4 grand in the motor alone. That thing was fast. But no good for anything other than TT racing.