View Full Version : How tight is your antifade?

Aceman
09-17-2007, 01:13 PM
I can rotate mine back and forth a little bit. Should this go on tight or what? I replaced my stock brake hub because it was getting pretty sloppy but this antifade isn't a whole lot better. I'm worried it's not going to hold up very long since it appears to have aluminum splines.

EDIT: It's an RPM antifade on an RPM axle.

250xridamatt
09-19-2007, 08:43 PM
I try to keep it as tight as I can. Mine seems to come loose every once in a while, so I just tighten it up when it does.

svahle
09-20-2007, 06:15 AM
Too tight = excessive wear on carrier bearings. I tighten mine up pretty good, but I don't use a cheater bar like some do. Just get it tight so there is no slack.

A little trick to keep it tight is to wrap the nut and threads in electrical tape. You would be surprised how well this works. Some use duct tape, but I have had good luck with electrical tape and it leaves less residue when removed.

Aceman
09-20-2007, 07:49 PM
My bad...........I didn't make my question very clear. I meant how tight does your antifade fit onto your axle? With the axle out of the quad I slid the antifade onto the splines but I can still rotate it a little bit. Does everyone else's go on tight? Or is there usually still some slop? I just don't want to wear the aluminum splines out of the antifade from all the back and forth of braking/accelerating. These things aren't cheap.

Thanks for the comments guys.:)

Aceman
09-23-2007, 08:17 PM
No one ever noticed any play, huh?:confused:

JOEX
09-24-2007, 10:33 AM
I don't have the antifade but do have a regular pinch bolt type. Didn't pay attention if there was play with the axle removed but when installed it will loosen just a little to make it wiggle a bit but never gets any looser. Haven't figured that out:ermm:

Aceman
09-24-2007, 10:24 PM
Thanks for the reply Joe. I was using a RAD pinch nut until now, but noticed the stock brake hub was getting a little too sloppy for me. I decided to try an antifade instead, I think I'll just run it and keep my fingers crossed.

deathman53
09-30-2007, 07:18 PM
I put my anti-fade hand tight and use the tool or big channel locks to go a 1/4 turn tighter, no more. Typically when your anti-fade gets loose alot, your axle bearings are getting worn and needs to be replaced.