PDA

View Full Version : really need some help

mineralgrey01gt
09-17-2007, 12:48 PM
I have a couple of questions for yall concerning my R.

1. A few weeks ago I put my motor on my R and wired it all up and it fired on the 3rd kick, now I went back to make sure it was still firing and it wouldnt fire through the plug, but it would fire all the way through the cap. I put a new coil on it and it worked fine. Now the cap I had on the original coil would allow me to use the metal cap for the spark plug. I had to change the cap for the plug because it went bad so the new plug cap I put on didnt allow me to use the metal cap on the spark plug. Does this really matter? I could never get it to fire without the cap on the plug but with it on it did work. We also used a meter on the wiring harness and everything checked out perfect but it just wouldnt fire through the plug. Any help would be appreciated.

2. I have a leak from behind my front sprocket. Now I did notice that I do not have the spacer for behind the sprocket and im pretty sure that the o-ring that goes in there isnt there either, would that cause the leak? I dont think its the big seal that is on the case but I could be wrong.

Sorry for the lengthy post, but as soon as this is figured out, the R is pretty much ready to ride, minus exhaust.

250r4life
09-17-2007, 04:37 PM
of course not haivng that seal by the shifter will cause oil to leak... and is a good way to lose all your tranny fluid and grenade a gear...

its an easy fix- i wouldnt ride till you get it taken care of..

mineralgrey01gt
09-17-2007, 04:41 PM
does anyone have a part # to it? None of the local honda shops have it. I dont plan on riding it till that is fixed. I really dont plan on riding it until I fully go over the bike from the ground up, double and triple checking every bolt, hose, etc on the bike.

86 Quad R
09-18-2007, 11:54 AM
are you talking about the seal race that slides over the counter shaft and into the seal? if so, none of the online venders even list it as an item on the parts fiche.

you may have to resort to finding one in a "box o goodies" here or look on ebay.

atvmxr
09-18-2007, 12:14 PM
i got those parts from service honda around january or feb of this year...

D Bergstrom
09-18-2007, 01:20 PM
They are listed with the crankcase. (These are from Yamaha of Troy's OEM parts finder.)

Oil seal: 91207-ML3-003

O-ring: 91201-430-003

Collar: 23225-430-000

Doug

mineralgrey01gt
09-18-2007, 02:44 PM
86 quad R, thats exactly the parts I need.

Dbergstorm, thanks a ton. Im ordering all 3 of them asap. I might as well change the oil seal also.

Anyone have any remarks about my other question? Im still stumped about that and the clymer manual doesnt say anything about it inside of it.

mfr422
09-18-2007, 04:36 PM
mineralgrey01gt,

I would double check your ground wire, It sounds to me like your original coil had a ngk cap on it. They don't use the cap on the plug for a tighter fit. [this is what I have on my R].
the original coil will come with a standard end which requires the cap on the plug and if you just swapped coils, it might not fire because there was no contact with the plug. Spark plug wires grip and make contact on the sides of the plug electrode no matter which type they are. I hope this helps.
P.S. after rereading your Q, you may have a contact issue where the cap screws onto the wire, check that also. Roost on!!

mineralgrey01gt
09-18-2007, 04:42 PM
thats what i was thinking also. Thanks a lot for the response. I dont know if I said this but I did buy a new coil and didnt reuse the same style cap as the original. Ill go pick up an original style cap and see what she does.

Also, I went to my local honda dealer here and he could order the other parts so they are still available!

mineralgrey01gt
09-20-2007, 05:36 PM
update:

me and my brother went through all the connections and everything was fine, the coil tested out just fine (its brand new) the cap is brand new also and it works just fine. Im starting to think maybe its the CDI that went bad since every other thing tested out just fine.

mineralgrey01gt
10-05-2007, 10:43 AM
update, put another CDI on it, didnt work... Maybe the regulator is bad? I have an Answer roost boost on it. How do I check to see if its good or not? Im also thinking that it could possibly be the stator because the wires arent sealed going into the cover and maybe some moisture got down in there and messed up the stator somehow. Is that possible? I need help asap as this is all whats stopping me from getting this thing running again

mineralgrey01gt
10-05-2007, 02:38 PM
well the problem was solved. My brother took the stator cover off and looked at the stator and noticed a piece of tape from the crap sealing job the previous owner did on the wires for the stator had fell in between something to do with the stator causing it not to spark. Now its sparking hard. Im getting my pipe in tuesday and by tuesday night, i plan to fire up this bad boy. Ill keep yall posted on it.

Aceman
10-05-2007, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the follow up man, it's always nice to know how things worked out.:macho

mineralgrey01gt
10-05-2007, 05:29 PM
no problem man, everyone with a 250r on this site helped me one way or another so all I can do is keep yall updated and help if possible!