PDA

View Full Version : bolt on nerfs

dblacks
09-16-2007, 07:59 PM
Very Very sharp but I am taking them off and putting a set of weld on XFR's on, I held out on them last week so I could put a set of bolt on ones on.

still have to cut the front bracket off, bolts onto the rear bracket and then onto to the frame up front, they are very close to the clutch cover so it makes it hard to take it on and off with out undoing the bolts, It sits higher due to bolting onto the rear peg, the weld on ones will sit an inch or so lower

bulldogfallon
09-17-2007, 05:19 AM
Where did you get your set from?

Are they the new XFR nerf bars or the Rath bolt ons?

dblacks
09-17-2007, 06:09 AM
XFR, direct from hotquads I beleive

I have pictures but forgot to download them this morning, I will later on today.

They probably work better with a 50/70 clutch cover but I am using a 90 cover with the black plastic cover and it doesnt work that well

Steven623
09-17-2007, 06:30 AM
I like the weld-on ones, only suggestion to anyone that uses them , have tubes made up for a tighter fit. The ones packaged with them are way too small. The bolt on ones are a nice idea, and the heel guards look nice!

hotquads1
09-17-2007, 07:27 AM
the bolt ons are set-up as high as possible , trying to get the little guys as much seat clearance as we can. A bigger kid on a 90cc this may not be as big a deal, but these little drivers need all they can get. the weld ons are also a great product just a little more difficult for the average guy who does not weld , and has to depend on and pay others for the install. We will be looking forward to the pics , thanks.
marc

dblacks
09-18-2007, 05:43 AM
Bolt on nerfs, very sharp but you cant pull the clutch cover without pulling the nerf at least 3/4's of the way off if not all the way, tried the 50/70 cover on it and it is very tough as well but can do it witho only loosening the bolt up in the bracket.

http://teammaineracing.net/photogallery/DRX%2070%20015.jpg

forgiven
09-18-2007, 06:47 AM
Very nice!