PDA

View Full Version : Need some ideas for a jump

tgreenz400
09-16-2007, 07:22 PM
You may have seen my other thread with, but now i want something a little different. The area im wanting to do it in is in the woods and has about a 10-20 foot wide dry creek, cant have anything to big tho. if you have pics of examples i could use PLEASE post them. please and thanks

Ghost-Rider
09-16-2007, 07:33 PM
No trying to be an arse, but do a search.I'm sure you could find something that would actually help.

Only god knows how many jump threads are out there.

honda4life72
09-16-2007, 07:59 PM
1.make a pile of dirt
2.get on quad
3.go wide open
4.go up pile of dirt
5.fly threw air
6.hit ground
7.drive away like your a bigshot

trx400EXtreme
09-16-2007, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by tgreenz400
You may have seen my other thread with, but now i want something a little different. The area im wanting to do it in is in the woods and has about a 10-20 foot wide dry creek, cant have anything to big tho. if you have pics of examples i could use PLEASE post them. please and thanks you talkin bout the part with all that really thin rock?

tgreenz400
09-16-2007, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by trx400EXtreme
you talkin bout the part with all that really thin rock? no just anywhere. basically just post some pics if you have em.

mod440ex
09-16-2007, 09:59 PM
WE BUILT A JUMP OVER A DRIED UP CREEK ALSO, WELL ACTUALLY 2. JUST GO OUT THERE WITH A FRIEND AND SHOVEL AND START MAKING A PILE, WE PUT A COUPLE OF LOGS UNDER THEM SO WE DIDNT HAVE TO USE SO MUCH DIRT. THEN JUST BACK YOUR QUAD OVER THE FACE AND LIP TO SMOOTH IT OUT. AND THERE YA GO

user101
09-16-2007, 10:04 PM
i used a piece of sheetrock and some old tires once...i got some pretty big air, it was sweet,trick,fly or whatever means cool these days:huh

aman
09-17-2007, 07:12 PM
definitely need some pics to see what you got goin, but if i was just to throw somethin out there i'd say make a double double double rhythm section or somethin, it wont take alot of dirt and would be pretty fun

tgreenz400
09-17-2007, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by aman
definitely need some pics to see what you got goin, but if i was just to throw somethin out there i'd say make a double double double rhythm section or somethin, it wont take alot of dirt and would be pretty fun check out my thread called "my creek jump" and you'll get an idea of the landscape;)

MX MaNiAc 06
09-17-2007, 07:51 PM
It will end up being pretty much the same thing as the last one u made. Unless u just make a bigger one! Which is what id do.

07250ex
09-17-2007, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by user101
i used a piece of sheetrock and some old tires once...i got some pretty big air, it was sweet,trick,fly or whatever means cool these days:huh

lol tricky,fly lmfao u forgot trippin :devil:

tgreenz400
09-17-2007, 08:17 PM
ok i think we've got an idea...were gonna build a run up in the creek and your gonna jump outta one of the really steep banks that are like 10 feet high, then your gonna land on a long landing ramp out of the creek. im lookin at gettin 5-10 feet of air on this one. not sure how far tho...

aman
09-17-2007, 09:05 PM
do you actually get much water going through there though? cause the pic i saw looked like you didnt have too much but if you put somethin in there to block it off your obviously gonna have a bigger problem to deal with......personally i'd just keep it the way it is cause theres not a whole lot you can do with that....

tgreenz400
09-18-2007, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by aman
do you actually get much water going through there though? cause the pic i saw looked like you didnt have too much but if you put somethin in there to block it off your obviously gonna have a bigger problem to deal with......personally i'd just keep it the way it is cause theres not a whole lot you can do with that.... well we build creek crossing and put a bunch of pipes under them for water to flow thru. but most of the year thier isnt any water so thats not really a problem