PDA

View Full Version : Have a question about my quad..

yellow400ex05
09-16-2007, 05:05 PM
Ok at the last Breezewood ride I was having some suspension trouble with my quad handling like crap, and I came up short or landed wrong on many of the jumps, this is before I adjusted them later on in the day, and I landed hard on a jump hard enough that it started to sputter and cut out I tried to rev it to clear it out and it didn't stop I shut it off for 5 seconds and it was fine, and it never happened again after that, and before that it has never happened before, after I adjusted my shocks I was jumping and clearing the jump and landing them level, I had no further issues other than that one time.

zrpilot
09-16-2007, 05:19 PM
I'm assuming your asking why your quad spit and sputtered after not clearing a jump.. probably fuel slosh in the carb.

If your asking why your quad suddenly started clearing jumps...too many variables to answer, including your determination to clear those jumps.

yellow400ex05
09-16-2007, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by zrpilot
I'm assuming your asking why your quad spit and sputtered after not clearing a jump.. probably fuel slosh in the carb.

If your asking why your quad suddenly started clearing jumps...too many variables to answer, including your determination to clear those jumps.

lol I was just adding detail about it so it would make my question easier to answer, I said that it was handling and landing better after I adjusted them with no more sputtering issues although it only happened once, and was able to ride to my full ability.

09-16-2007, 08:46 PM
are you riding on stock 400ex suspension or? Cause I have stock and need to adjust my rear. Just wondering what you have.

yellow400ex05
09-17-2007, 04:03 AM
stock shocks, and I adjusted the preload on my rear but I don't know how to do the rebound on it.