View Full Version : Serious HELP!!!

4gatch
09-16-2007, 03:12 PM
I have a friend who just bought a YFZ450 from a friend and the guy who sold it to him used it as a practice bike...it was totaled and they rebuilt it pretty good, he said it needs to be rejetted,,,but right now the biek revs real high when your not even pushing the throttle and when u do push the throttle and say ur going 30 and u let off it stays at that speed and it doesnt let off really...iam not sure what the problem is...i was thinking it may be the carb spring or the whole carb...unless it has to do with the throttle iam not sure at all i could use anyone help or opinion

250rmike
09-16-2007, 04:03 PM
id first start off with the cable go down it and make sure it isnt kinked and replace it just for good measure then go from there. if that isnt it post back on here and we will help you out

Mc. Muffin
09-16-2007, 05:23 PM
Try adjusting the throttle cable and idle screw.

4gatch
09-16-2007, 06:12 PM
Well i have ridden it and the thumb throttle doesnt get stuck just the engine and i will check out the cable i saw at the very top by the lever it has a couple tears but thats all i saw,,,one of my other friends did try adjusting the throttle screw too it didnt do much

4gatch
09-16-2007, 06:12 PM
Well i have ridden it and the thumb throttle doesnt get stuck just the engine and i will check out the cable i saw at the very top by the lever it has a couple tears but thats all i saw,,,one of my other friends did try adjusting the throttle screw too it didnt do much

Trx4Life
09-16-2007, 08:53 PM
mine use to do the same thing

idle it down. look around the carb it will be a black twist nob with a wire going to the carb