PDA

View Full Version : air plane crashes

One_Bad_400
09-16-2007, 08:48 AM
is it just me... or have i noticed there have been ALOT of air plane crashes the past year or so... from air plane shows to passenger planes... i've seen alot more going down latly then normal..

Ralph
09-16-2007, 10:41 AM
"Colin McRae, the former world rally driving champion, is feared dead in a helicopter crash in Scotland. "

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/09/15/ncopter115.xml

jiffers
09-16-2007, 11:05 AM
confirmed:(

http://www.colinmcrae.com/

been all over the country to watch him in the early years he crashed a lot but i did not slow him down one bit i wish i had that approch to racing grab it by the scruff of the neck and thrash it

R.I.P

03warriorrider
09-16-2007, 06:43 PM
I've noticed the frequent plane crashes to. seems like every time i turn on the news there's another plane crash or plane landing on a highway or something. and to add to it all my neighbor has a plane and landing strip and he crashed his earlier this summer while taking off. quite the site to come home from vacation and see news crews and people all over the place and my neighbors plane stuck in the trees.

killroy
09-17-2007, 10:00 AM
aviation industry is starting to boom but the airports and traffic controllers are staying at the same number. this sh1t is about to hit the fan. your gonna hear more and more about it everyday

wilkin250r
09-17-2007, 11:53 PM
We just lost a local millionaire close to home. He took off in his own plane from a private airfield not too far from my house.

In the search, they found 11 other plane wrecks that they did not know about (obviously, most of them are many years old).

Toadz400
09-18-2007, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
We just lost a local millionaire close to home. He took off in his own plane from a private airfield not too far from my house.

In the search, they found 11 other plane wrecks that they did not know about (obviously, most of them are many years old).

What? 11 other plane wrecks that they didn't know about? How the heck does that happen?

cbrooks118
09-18-2007, 11:38 AM
hmm. flight controllers at a low... Is that lucrative? Maybe i need a career change. I doubt they would count my BBA as any experience at all though

400exstud
09-18-2007, 07:47 PM
There are many crashes per day; however, most of them go unreported because either nobody was killed or they were small planes. If you are into avation and get magazines like Cessna Flyer or Piper Flyer they list the FAA records of recient crashes of those types of planes. Usually there is at least 1 per day for both of those plane mfgs. That is only 2 recreational plane mfgs also.

On the other hand, I have heard of many significan crashes lately. I live in Fond du Lac, 20 mi south of Oshkosh (the home of EAA Airventure), and at last airventure there was a North American Texan T-6 that landed on northbound hwy 41. Some of you have have seen a video of this in the national news. It was a miracle how he managed to land that tank!

I was at airventure when two P-51 Mustanges colided in their final approach. 1 dead. Both show planes severly damaged after flying in the evening air show. Both top tier pilots, obviously.

To be honest the number of private pilots is far from its record. Off hand I think there was like 1 million pilots in the '70 but now there is only like 600,000.

honda350r
09-18-2007, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
What? 11 other plane wrecks that they didn't know about? How the heck does that happen?

When just a normal person goes down , not very many people look for them !

When you are Steve fosset and your friends with Billionaire Branson of Virgin records ,Money buys lots of eyes looking for you!

How much money do you think was spent on finding JFK Jrs plane?

I would guess in the Tens of millions!

If that were you or I, we would still be at the bottom of the ocean!!!!

honda8&3
09-19-2007, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
is it just me... or have i noticed there have been ALOT of air plane crashes the past year or so... from air plane shows to passenger planes... i've seen alot more going down latly then normal..

It's definetly not just you. I have been seeing a lot of plane crashes in the news.

Shift_450R
09-19-2007, 02:30 PM
a girl in my class lost both of her parents and her grandmother in a crash this summer:ermm:

09-19-2007, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r

i highly doubt that any time a plane crashes the emergency becon is activated and search teams start searching, not to mention you have to file a flight plan and when they didnt arrive it would raise a few eye browes they would have had to be atleast 40 or 50 years old back when they didnt have all the regulations and people flew freely even then over the years the wreckage wouldnt be visible.