PDA

View Full Version : Bigger Radiator

sldhd700
09-15-2007, 10:32 PM
Has anyone thought about or is using a bigger radiator. I m like everyone else putting the number plate on the front bumper and the bike just gets to hot in a long race. I have been thinking maybe a bigger radiator might help if it could fitted into the chasis.

Any thoughts?

Shayden Housley #39

cheatermtrsprts
09-16-2007, 11:00 AM
What we do is put your numbers on the number plate and cut out around them. This way you've got your number out front and it still allows air to reach the radiator. You can use pop rivets to attach it to the bumber. Or use lexan instead of a number plate. You can scuff up the back of it and paint it a contrasting color and then put your numbers on it. Just keep in mind the number plate is more flexible and will last longer. This should keep your quad running and looking cool!

bulldogfallon
09-17-2007, 05:21 AM
I believe the Metrakit radiator may be bigger which woudl require some mods to make it fit...

Hey Dusty is this the radiator you have in our of your mod quads?

Andyman17dad
09-17-2007, 08:21 AM
I just put the #'s up on a hood from GenXATV.

cheatermtrsprts
09-17-2007, 03:20 PM
Then Metrakit radiator is a bit pricey. It bolts into an Apex, so with a little finesse should bolt into a DRR. It will probably require some bumper mods and you still won't be able to run a full number plate without problems. The MK radiator is wider and a little thicker. Nice piece. I think the DRR radiator is just as effective as the MK unit.

bulldogfallon
09-17-2007, 05:31 PM
Good to have your "hands on" experience on this forum.

Now get back out to the shop and build some more of those Apex Killers :D

cheatermtrsprts
09-17-2007, 05:49 PM
I'm taking my 2nd night off this year!!

hotquads1
09-20-2007, 06:38 AM
. 2 nights off in the same year ! SLACKER ! lol
marc

jetmedic
09-20-2007, 09:26 AM
I have run a number plate in front of a MK radiator and never had issues. I think it keeps the mud off and its big enough not to need the added airflow.