PDA

View Full Version : Need some help

tar
09-15-2007, 08:21 PM
I recently bought some a arms but I am havin trouble trying to get the stock ones seperated from my spindles. Does anyone have tip or tricks to get them off?

JOEX
09-15-2007, 08:34 PM
There is a tool for this but it isn't neccessary, it's not a pickle fork either, those aren't recomended because they can tear the rubber boot which isn't replaceable.

The key is to have pressure applied to the studs and 'whacking' the spindle with a hammer. Not hard enough to damage it but still a solid hit.

There is a way to apply the pressure using a socket as a spacer and turning the nut over but i'd have to be doing it to be explain it:p

250rmike
09-16-2007, 03:52 PM
put the bike in the air with no load on the a-arms and supension and whack the spindle with a hammer. be sure to give it a solid hit but dont make it so hard your damaging the spindle the ball joint should pop. im assuming you need to remove the ball joint from the spindle right?

tar
09-16-2007, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by 250rmike
put the bike in the air with no load on the a-arms and supension and whack the spindle with a hammer. be sure to give it a solid hit but dont make it so hard your damaging the spindle the ball joint should pop. im assuming you need to remove the ball joint from the spindle right?

I tried that and it didn't work at this point I really don't care if I tear the bushing!:mad:

250rmike
09-16-2007, 08:13 PM
the just get a pickle for and wedge it in there and pop it.

tar
09-17-2007, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by 250rmike
the just get a pickle for and wedge it in there and pop it.

Can I get that at Autozone?

250rmike
09-17-2007, 04:21 PM
you might be able to rent one im not sure