PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Breezewood at 5:00am

quad2xtreme
09-15-2007, 07:12 PM
Heading out early to be there by 11:00. Planning to stay through Thursday. Gonna check out The Landing in Easton, MD for a change of pace on Wednesday.

Hopefully there will be other riders at Breezewood during the week. Also taking the camera to practice taking shots. Definitely ham it up if you see me taking shots...no wrecks though!!!

Post if you are gonna be there tomorrow along with a pic of your quad. It is so hard to know who is who once all the gear is on. Here is my quad.

05Z400rdr
09-15-2007, 07:27 PM
Hey John!

yeah i didn't know this was you until i saw this pic of your quad. hows everything goin? i hope you have a great, and safe, time this weekend/week. we were gonna come up to breezewood for the day tomorrow, but now we're not. hopefully next weekend tho. also, how are those front shocks makin out for you...you said they were pretty new and blown already...? Have fun!

Landon

250rmike
09-15-2007, 08:13 PM
i would call landing and make sure they have groomed the track cause if they didnt wouldnt bother going i mean its a good local track but nothing like breezewood or rausch creek. i would check out rausch if your gonna leave breezewood before i went to easton just a personel preference. i also heard from a dirtbike buddy that they have made the interemediate track connected to the pro track at easton so theres only 2 tracks now instead of three could be good could be bad. im just going from past experiences as i have not been there this year

quad2xtreme
09-15-2007, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by 05Z400rdr
Hey John!

yeah i didn't know this was you until i saw this pic of your quad. hows everything goin? i hope you have a great, and safe, time this weekend/week. we were gonna come up to breezewood for the day tomorrow, but now we're not. hopefully next weekend tho. also, how are those front shocks makin out for you...you said they were pretty new and blown already...? Have fun!

Landon

Long story...

Nothing was wrong with the shocks except being totally out of adjustment. I've never messed with rebound settings on any aftermarket shock or after a shock rebuild. Turns out that Stadium ships all shocks at the fastest rebound setting. They don't supply any instructions for setting them up so I didn't know. Once I set the rebound properly, I could back off on the compression settings. I am pretty sure all is well now.

The other big problem I didn't even notice was that my toe-in was way out of whack. When the Rath steering stem broke a few months ago and I put the ATV Four Play on it, they use different distances between the tie-rod holes. I had about 2" of toe-in. I had the ride height set a little low too. I had it set at 7 1/4" under the pegs and and 8 1/4 in the front. With a stock linkage, Stadium recommends running 8" under the pegs and 8.5" up front. After doing that, my camber was messed up. I am running 3/4" of camber measured at 16" from the ground.

I can't wait to see how these changes feel. I actually noticed all this last weekend at NCMP but I didn't take any tools with me since I was mostly going to take pictures.

05Z400rdr
09-15-2007, 09:17 PM
oh thats good! yeah i couldnt believe it when you were tellin me that your new shocks were blown out already....cuz that would really suck. well i hope all the changes work out for you the way you want. have a great trip!

jherbie28
09-16-2007, 10:45 AM
jon, dont go to the landing man (waste of time and money) very expensive, just my opinion but they have taken over new management and things could be different:confused: there are so many jumps and its a dirtbike track you get halfway around it and by the time you get back around you forget what you can and cant jump. crazy man:D

good luck jon, josh

250rmike
09-16-2007, 12:08 PM
yea definatly a dirtbike track. the guy that bought it lives near me and has a dirtbike shop right down the street thats never open so i guess he has been at the track most of the time

quad2xtreme
09-20-2007, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by 250rmike
yea definatly a dirtbike track. the guy that bought it lives near me and has a dirtbike shop right down the street thats never open so i guess he has been at the track most of the time
Is that the small bike shop on Mountain Road near Cookie's restaurant?

/Jon

250rmike
09-20-2007, 08:31 PM
yep that would be the one. how do you know the area so well?

quad2xtreme
09-21-2007, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by 250rmike
yep that would be the one. how do you know the area so well?

I lived in Pasadena for 16 years before moving to NC.

My first track experience was at The Landing MX. I rode there about 6 times before going to Breezewood. I have been hooked on Breezewood since...in fact, I just got home last night from a 5 day trip to Breezewood. Breezewood is much more forgiving for riders who are just beginning or if you don't get to ride every week. It is nice to be able to come up a little short or have the extra length of a lander to hit. It is no fun getting hurt all the time and spending weeks and months recovering.

I spent one day at The Landing this trip. The 2 large tracks are now merged into one and many of the jumps have changed from a couple years ago. It is very difficult to remember what you can and can't do. Luckily, they didn't seem to mind if you cut the track and keep doing jumps over and over. I really didn't do much since I didn't like the steep landers. Some of the landers are steeper than the take-offs. I didn't want to risk getting hurt...again.

Do you head to Breezewood much? I am wondering if we didn't ride together once at The Landing.

/Jon

250rmike
09-21-2007, 08:22 AM
i ahvent been riding much in the last three years had my bike stolen and still had to pay for it so i was out a bike until i got it payed off. then i bought a bike last year and only rode it twice once at breezewood during their first couch race and once at the landing. before i through a chain and broke the hydro clutch. got that fixed and its been problem after problem and moneys been tight so i havent been riding. we might have been there at the same time. i used to have a white 250r then i had a red cannondale now a silver cannondale with a 250r conversion