PDA

View Full Version : 350x airboot

MY FYN 79
09-15-2007, 06:57 PM
I did a search and didnt come up with a whole lot.

I happen to have a 350x airboot in an old box of parts, and I recently acquired a 1999 300ex. I read some old school info from Dunlap, and that was one of the first mods they recommended on a 300ex. Is that still a belief, or has it been proven otherwise? Also, if/when installing a 350x airboot, what have people been doing with the breather tube?

Thanks for any input!

Jeremy

honda300EXtreme
09-15-2007, 07:11 PM
alot of people still debate over this, but personally i dont like the 350x airboot, it fits kind of awkward, the stock 300ex tube works fine and will stretch a good bit for larger carbs...

bwamos
09-16-2007, 11:39 AM
The 350x airboot definatly has a much larger cross section and will flow better if you can get it to fit up. It fits up pretty easily to the 300ex carb. A bit tougher on the 400ex carb, wich is the most common use.

By breather tube, I assume you mean the newer crankcase breather that goes to the small box then to the intake tube.

Disconnect it all and just run it from the crankcase up the framerail toward the steering stem.

That's how the models like mine (1998) ran from the factory. It's for emmissions not performance. Infact it will hinder performance a bit (though probably barely measurable).