PDA

View Full Version : 08 Performance?

Trev0r300ex
09-15-2007, 03:40 PM
Anyone out there that has ridden or owns a 08, how does it perform compared to the earlier models? Is there a noticable difference in the power and suspension?

baubl
09-16-2007, 09:51 AM
we just got our 08 they seemed to have done a great job low end a ot better performance and top end great this is our 5th ltr
so we're getting to know them but I'll tell you a serious problem is the tracion control or anti slip. Why some stupid moron programed that into a quad thats going to be used for racing should be shot.

Anyway problem anyone figured hw to by pass that part of the program. We mx and do Worcs so need info asap.

You guys helped on the fuel filter issue, hope you help here
thx
bobl
FZA
NWQN

300EXrider356
09-16-2007, 07:47 PM
Really dude, I was looking into getting an 08 in the next couple of days. Is it really that bad, like cutting out when you loose traction to try and regain it or what?

baubl
09-16-2007, 07:57 PM
well ifyou race my boyis 17 has raced since age 5 has a #1 plate locallyad with WORCS so he has the experience. He likes the lower end responce and just about everything else but we ran it at the JOE B school this weekend the computer partially shuts down the fuel when you get a certain amount of spin, it weird and doesnt make sense when selling to the go fast market.
Joe thinks make be their was a lawsuit that brought that on, but who knows
we've owned an raced 5 or 6 ltrs, 2 trxs,2 yamahas and 1 z400
and this is weird. need a computer guy to figure out otherwise this will be the best they've built so far
bobl

300EXrider356
09-16-2007, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by baubl
well ifyou race my boyis 17 has raced since age 5 has a #1 plate locallyad with WORCS so he has the experience. He likes the lower end responce and just about everything else but we ran it at the JOE B school this weekend the computer partially shuts down the fuel when you get a certain amount of spin, it weird and doesnt make sense when selling to the go fast market.
and this is weird. need a computer guy to figure out otherwise this will be the best they've built so far
bobl

Allright thanks baubl I may just look into a leftover 07 then

05Z400rdr
09-17-2007, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by baubl
bobl

sorry for my lack of knowledgable terms...

but wherever the "traction control" is programmed to on the ltr...like the computer or w/e, could you buy one for a 06 or 07 ltr and switch it, so you wouldnt have that?...and if you did would you still have the strong low end? just curious, thanks

Landon

baubl
09-17-2007, 06:29 PM
thats a questione we've asked and havn't got an answer to, but believe it would affect the performance, when we find out will let you know
bobl

baubl
09-17-2007, 06:29 PM
thats a questione we've asked and havn't got an answer to, but believe it would affect the performance, when we find out will let you know
bobl

05Z400rdr
09-17-2007, 08:14 PM
ok, yeah let me know how you make out then. thanks!

Landon

jeff1984
09-21-2007, 03:57 PM
i have an 08 and that bike is awsome. the track control helps you get the power to the ground exiting loose or slippery corners also on starts. i have no complaints with t/c on my bike. I dont think it was a law suit i think it improves the handleing just like suzuki intended. less wheel spin = more power to the ground. the geo is awsome it holds a line way better than my fully built yfz ever did almost like its on rails. the shocks r good for stock but need a conversion kit and revalve to help with the small bumps because it is a little too stiff [im 200lbs] for the braking bumps and small holes. the vibration in your hands is very light due to the new anti-vibe stem which is a plus. the tires hook up good in all terrain. it has a nice gripper seat too so u dont have to replace that. the shifting it very positive no sloppy feel on the lever and no miss shifts. the controls are nice but the stock handle bars suck so i replaced them before i rode it. the controls are bulky so make sure the new bars have the room. the clutch pull is a little stiffer than i like but thats just me. overall this is the best stock bike i have ever ridden, just take out the baffle, the air box lid and plug in the cherry bomb and for 40 bucks you can haul *****.

jherbie28
09-21-2007, 05:07 PM
when i was talking to wimmer at breezewood he was telling me that he didnt really notice it. he was riding his practice bike with a stock motor, thats from a pro rider. his riding style might not enhance the traction control through? i dont know:)

B.Murphy73
09-23-2007, 08:28 PM
I am wondering why the test that was done in Dirt wheels and even the Doug Gust interview about the machine didnt even mention the traction control.Come to think of it but the suzuki website does not mention it either were it shows what is new in 08.

300EXrider356
09-23-2007, 08:38 PM
So what your saying is they think it was a mistake and there trying to forget about it? lol :confused:

LTR450_#67
09-23-2007, 09:44 PM
I don't think it would hurt performance that much (if any) if you switched to a 06-07 ECU. They revised the cam profiles....I'm guessing thats where the most influence on the stronger bottomend is coming from.

My 2 cents

Aaron

djeurink
09-26-2007, 05:59 PM
i just got my 08 SE and i love it. havent noticed the TC cuting out the motor. feels awsome on the track. just do the cherry bomb mod and it RIPS. does need differet handelbars. was well worth the wait.

LTR450_#67
09-27-2007, 12:27 AM
Yeah a guy on LTR 450HQ dyno'd an 08 with just the lid off, pea shooter out and cherry bomb and it made just as much as an 06-07 with a full exhaust!!!!

Aaron