PDA

View Full Version : kickstart hanging

Scro
09-15-2007, 03:09 PM
I've got a problem with my kickstart hanging up. The bottom end that I am using has been sitting in my garage for a while, and not being used. The bike cranks fine, but every couple kicks, it feels like it hangs up on something. After that it hangs up, I have to put all of my weight on it, to make it go down. But it still cranks fine when it hangs.

Also, I can turn the motor over manually just as smoothly as before.

Anybody ever heard of this?

Sjorge450R
09-15-2007, 03:51 PM
mine was doing this for a while. I didnt have to put my weight to move it tho. Every couple kicks it would kinda hang up. Doesn't do it any more so i never really let it bother me.

46upchuck
09-15-2007, 08:13 PM
i have been having a problem that sounds like this.
after i replaced my piston and jug the first ride out i went to start it the kick start hung up so i put my weight on it and it cracked the side case cover. i took it to the local dealer and they told me it was my kick start shaft hanging up so after replacing that i rode it about 3 times and it happened again but this time there were cuts in my basket and on the cover. now i have my motor takin all the way apart to find all that it is is a berring behind my clutch basket causing all the gears on the outside of the crankcase to shift and go into a bind were it is putting presure on the weak part of the cover causeing it to break. so in other words check the berring behind the baskit to see if there is any play in it if so you would be better off going ahead and replacing it

allstock
09-15-2007, 08:45 PM
mine does the same thing or it gets stuck all the way down

pro-rider46
09-16-2007, 01:03 AM
this is a little differnt then what you guys are saying, but dont you hate it when the kick start gets caught under the brake pedal.

scro whatever it is. sounds expencive(sp)