PDA

View Full Version : Stiff 525 thumb throttle

TYLER329
09-15-2007, 10:08 AM
Has anybody heard of a way to make the throttle pull a little easier on the 525. After about 45 minutes of hard riding I can barely use the throttle. With all of my Predators and Outlaw 500 I never had this problem. I realize it is because of the new FCR carb but is there anything to do to fix it?

Evasiveone
09-15-2007, 11:18 AM
This will not affect the pressure of the throttle but I tip my throttles up as high as I can, which brings the thumb up and closer to the hand for better leverage.

Bradracer18
09-15-2007, 03:21 PM
I also do this....helps with wrist fatigue too.....can't help ya on the cable part tho...

M0n5t3r
09-16-2007, 06:04 PM
Same here I also angle my throttle lever:devil:

groundstrike
09-17-2007, 06:57 PM
move your spring perch point to another point, or cut the spring, do a search at google for yfz450 throttle spring to find the procedure, this will greatly reduce your spring tension.

TYLER329
09-18-2007, 09:18 AM
I bought that spring that everybody has been talking about. I should get it tommorrow.

Evasiveone
09-29-2007, 10:02 PM
I also did the YFZ softer spring you can buy on ebay and installed it. It works very well and takes away the fatigue on those long rides. Highly recommended to everyone with the 525.

somewon
10-16-2007, 02:00 PM
don't complain too much. I only had my 525 for three months and the throttle stuck ( the throttle was lighter than my 400ex from the factory) I made no changes to the machine other than a JD kit and the throttle stuck wide open and drove itself into a pond.

I has set at the dealer for the last 4 months and polaris told me last monday that they weren't going to cover the damage.

Looks like my business goes back to the big three.

TYLER329
10-16-2007, 02:05 PM
How does a machine drive itself into a pond? Were you on it?

somewon
10-16-2007, 02:38 PM
I was on it, turning left and the throttle stuck wide open when I gave it a quick blip. at that point the machine threw me off, and drove itself at full RPM 30 yards to the pond and made it another 20 yards into the pond before sinking.

I would encourage everyone to buy teather switches, even if your not racing.

Although I was upset when this happened I was even more angry at Polaris for their customer service. After 3 months of waiting on tools I got a one sentence response from Polaris. What irritates me even more is they never asked for the throttle control parts to be shipped to them or for the pictures of the crash, or for the statements from the witnesses.

TYLER329
10-16-2007, 02:43 PM
I handle the warranty claims here at are dealership and can tell you that Polaris runs circles around our other 2 lines( Arctic Cat and Suzuki) when it comes to claims service. Believe me when i say your dealership let you down horribly in this situation. I had a similar thing like this happen a year ago on a sportsman and Polaris stepped up and paid the damages and they needed the part back for inspection. They cannot afford to be sloppy with things like this. Your dealer did not do what they were supposed to do.

somewon
10-16-2007, 02:46 PM
is there any recourse for me? I have a copy of the official letter from Polaris, can I appeal it or is my only option a lawsuit?

TYLER329
10-16-2007, 02:56 PM
I doubt a lawsuit would actually pay off for you. BIg companies like this could tie you up in paperwork for years. I would ask you local dealer the actions that they took in your behalf and proof that shows that they even filed a claim with polaris correctly.

somewon
10-16-2007, 03:07 PM
Thank you for the help, I will call the dealer today and see what I can find out.