View Full Version : Broke My Pelvis

FasstMidnightZ
09-15-2007, 07:01 AM
On Monday afternoon I went to go riding w/ one of my buddies who has a track at his house. Everything was good, I was getting use to the track and jumps, etc. Then we came up w/ the brilliant idea to switch bikes. In case you don't know I have a 07 Z and he has a completely raced out 125 Suzuki. Well I jump on his bike and putt around for about 5mins then I decided to go around the track, Well as I was coming out of a turn in I think 2nd gear there is a Jump down and you probably get good 6ft air and go about 20ft. Coming out of the turn I was approaching the jump I gave the bike too much gas (as I really wasn't use to the twist throttle) and the back end of the bike slide out from under me right before I was going off the jump.
Me and the bike both went off the side of the jump into some trees and brush, etc. Well apparently I collied w/ a tree and who knows what else I hit. I was standing up long enough after I crashed to take my helmet off and then fall back down to the ground and realized I wasn't getting back up. My friend and his dad had to put me on a piece of ply-wood to carry me to the back of his truck and there I layed until the Ambulance got there.
I was in the hospital Monday through Thursday and now I'm some what walking on crutches. Doctor said it will be about 3-4 months before I'm healed up and can actually do normal activities.

The lesson learned in all this is, Dirt bikes suck! ;)

Hope you enjoy the X-ray.

Mxjunkie
09-15-2007, 07:03 AM
Thats not good at all man! No more dirtbikes for you :blah:

ltr450rider21
09-15-2007, 07:04 AM
dam dirt bikes!

good luck in your recovery!

FasstMidnightZ
09-15-2007, 07:12 AM
Thanks, I'm hoping I'm walking on my own soon! I'm pretty determined so I think I will.

The doctor said it didn't require any surgery because where I have the break doesn't effect the stability of the Pelvis so basically It just heals on its own. :ermm:

Ghost-Rider
09-15-2007, 07:13 AM
That looks more than painful.

FasstMidnightZ
09-15-2007, 07:25 AM
My left forearm met up w/ the exhaust. :)

FasstMidnightZ
09-15-2007, 07:27 AM
I guess my right arm just hit briar's and stuff.

medicdude
09-15-2007, 07:28 AM
very nice dude!

Ruby Soho
09-15-2007, 07:32 AM
ouch lance, that looks like it really hurt.

good luck getting better:macho

ricksmx865
09-15-2007, 07:40 AM
ouch bro!

good luck on the recovery

Groves187
09-15-2007, 07:43 AM
That sucks man!. I tryed jumping on my friend YZ450F one time and hah.... Thats all i'm gonna say....

09-15-2007, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by FasstMidnightZ
On Monday afternoon I went to go riding w/ one of my buddies who has a track at his house. Everything was good, I was getting use to the track and jumps, etc. Then we came up w/ the brilliant idea to switch bikes. In case you don't know I have a 07 Z and he has a completely raced out 125 Suzuki. Well I jump on his bike and putt around for about 5mins then I decided to go around the track, Well as I was coming out of a turn in I think 2nd gear there is a Jump down and you probably get good 6ft air and go about 20ft. Coming out of the turn I was approaching the jump I gave the bike too much gas (as I really wasn't use to the twist throttle) and the back end of the bike slide out from under me right before I was going off the jump.
Me and the bike both went off the side of the jump into some trees and brush, etc. Well apparently I collied w/ a tree and who knows what else I hit. I was standing up long enough after I crashed to take my helmet off and then fall back down to the ground and realized I wasn't getting back up. My friend and his dad had to put me on a piece of ply-wood to carry me to the back of his truck and there I layed until the Ambulance got there.
I was in the hospital Monday through Thursday and now I'm some what walking on crutches. Doctor said it will be about 3-4 months before I'm healed up and can actually do normal activities.

The lesson learned in all this is, Dirt bikes suck! ;)

Hope you enjoy the X-ray.

Could have atleast taken me out to dinner before showing me that picture..

Sucks 'bout the 3-4 months doing nothing.

ZeroLogic
09-15-2007, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by MrMan
Could have atleast taken me out to dinner before showing me that picture..

Sucks 'bout the 3-4 months doing nothing.

Atleast you know he ain't packing anything. :eek:

YFZ450Ridr
09-15-2007, 09:15 PM
keep the rubber side down lance!!! ah i cant believe this happened, you just got the Z shipped out to SC too!! major bummer man, youll get better just make sure to eat your wheaties and take your flinstones! im sure now youll be online a lot to talk to!

really tho, that has got to be god awful painful, good luck bro! :macho

FasstMidnightZ
09-16-2007, 08:50 AM
thanks ppl,
Yeah it really sucks, Just got a new car and the Z out here and can't drive either.

I'm really ready for this to be over already!
Maybe I should take up Knitting. :cool:

YFZ450Ridr
09-16-2007, 11:10 AM
were doing a short knitting project in my art class lance, id be happy to show you the ropes:bandit:

MX MaNiAc 06
09-16-2007, 12:24 PM
Im sorry to hear about that man. You got beat up pretty good. Thats not too long of a recovery. Take it easy and let it heal up good.