PDA

View Full Version : Is this site Legit

Nick110
09-14-2007, 06:32 PM
http://www.focusdp.com/content/index.html

I bought something off of ebay, in the auction it said the guy was from Seattle Washington. But he tells me he is away with Business and to send a wire transfer with western union to pay. I said F that and Ill send a money order to your house in Seatle. He assures me its ok to send him the money via Money order to his address in Romania.

He gave me a tracing number for that site and he said it has already been shipped out. Well i checked it out and it has been shipped but i still have not paid him.

Should I go through with it?

2004exrider
09-14-2007, 06:34 PM
sounds kind of iffy to me because he's in romania but lives in seattle? and Western union is always used in every scam. It's hard telling.

Jimmy

reptikes
09-14-2007, 06:42 PM
If you got a money tree in the back yard then who cares! If not then i wouldn't do it.:huh

quad2xtreme
09-14-2007, 06:42 PM
DON'T DO IT!!!! Sending money via Western Union is the biggest scam going. Never send to someone in another country. How did he ship if he is away? How hard up is a "business" man to need a few bucks from you when he is away on travel?

What shipped out? An empty box? That is the other big scam.

Is he a registered shipper? If so, why didn't he suggest you paying him via the shipping company service?

If he shipped, you are in the driver's seat. Product arrives, you inspect, then pay if it is what you bought.

/Jon

Nick110
09-14-2007, 11:16 PM
trust me i would never pay western union or money gram. I will wait untill I get the package.

Kickstarts-suck
09-15-2007, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Nick110
trust me i would never pay western union or money gram. I will wait untill I get the package.

yea wait until you get it (If you get it)

The ebay account could have hacked and the hacker is the romainian(SP) and the real owner of the account lives in Seattle.

2004exrider
09-15-2007, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by Kickstarts-suck
yea wait until you get it (If you get it)

The ebay account could have hacked and the hacker is the romainian(SP) and the real owner of the account lives in Seattle.

Very good point:eek2:

Nick110
09-15-2007, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by 2004exrider
Very good point:eek2:

I said that to they guy that this looks like a classic hacked account. he told me to call ebay and find out for myself.